Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're going to a annual christmas party that a husband and wife couple are having. Last year was our first year going to their party. They are rather new friends to us. We've been hanging out with them a lot this past year and have grown close. We have actually been talking for the last 6 months about how excited we are to attend this years party since last year was a blast. This year the invitation had an extra bit on it....

If you want to bring a decoration (traditional or otherwise) to hang up in our hallway, we can all share a part in creating the Hall Party Tunnel of Christmas Love.

It's silly and fun, especially since their last name is Hall. :) I wanted to know if anyone had any ideas for a decoration to bring? I just started to write down ideas for this.

·
Registered
497 Posts
You could start cutting up strips of paper/magazines/newspaper and make a paper chain...very inexpensive and still festive. Just start collecting your scraps now and have everyone in the family start gluing them together before the party. If you wanted to personalize it more you could write down memories you have with that couple on each strip before you glue them together.

Reactions: Rhayne

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
I generally bring decorations that are religious in nature, as that's ME. . . . one year I took a long barn nail, dipped in red - with a poem about how Christ was born to die. . .

Find some sort of decoration that will tie the memory of it, to YOU.

·
Registered
645 Posts
oooh - this is a fun one - you could be so creative! What about checking at thrift stores for a plain Xmas garland or swag and then decorating it yourself? I do this all of the time.

Reactions: Rhayne

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My boyfriend and I discussed it last night and we're bring two decorations. One sillly and one serious/non-silly. The silly one is going to be one of the cardboard cutouts you see in music/movie stores. Either a twilight character or Justin Bieber....we have a few inside jokes about both and it would be super funny. We're going to glue/tape a construction paper santa suit on it. The serious decoration is going to be a collage. We take our cameras everywhere so we have lots of pics. I'm thinking we'll get some kinda paper and a cheap frame (nothing expensive) and make a collage of all the fun times we've had over this past year.

One other question... Do you think it's a nice idea to make a friend a scrapbook/photo album of things you've done? I was thinking of making a scrapbook for them as a christmasy present (to go along with the gifts we already got them). Is it weird to make something like that for new friends? Is it something that should be done after you've known them for a longer time?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts