Frugal Village Forums banner
21 - 40 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
That would be special Cali if you crocheted something for her! Good luck! It isn't difficult to learn, you just need to jump in and do it!

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
I'm working on some cabled slippers I mentioned in another thread. I don't have a good bulky-weight yarn, so I'm using a kind of cruddy one, just to see if the overall shape is what I want. If I like it, I'll get some better yarn in nice colours, and Mom and my sister will be getting slippers in their stockings!

·
19,119 Posts
Tripleb, Imarachne, Calimom and Lindsay - a great quartet joining!! Love that more people are enjoying and getting ready for Christmas year round - I am the only one in my extended family who does and they think I am a little crazy!! LOL!!

Madhen, I'm going to make a pair of your slippers up in anykin' yarn and then get some good stuff for my DD's stocking too!!

My Christmas varigated colors cotton yarn came yesterday - 2 pounds of it!! - so I will be working throughout the next 10 months on dishcloths, scrubbies (about 30 of each) and whatever else I decide to make out of it!!

My MIL makes scrubbies crocheted out of nylon net - which I do not like to make - but cannot get to the store to get more netting because of health problems. So I bought 8 yards each of bright orange, purple and green for her and am sending it off today!! That will keep her busy for a while!!

Also picked up some presents yesterday at clearance prices, then 15% discount at Office Max yesterday!! Love getting/doing things year round!!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
No wonder I can't get this song out of my head...have a holly jolly Christmas....finished one sock, the 2nd is going good.

Welcome to all the new people. what fun....Christmas all year long.

Would someone like to challenge that we wrap the gift when we finish

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Made all the hm bathsalts today that will be given for gifts this Christmas. They are bottled and tagged. :fdance:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I haven't started yet, but today I decide I would like to make a bunch of dishcloths this month. I was thinking of going to the mall and picking up some foaming hand soap from Bath and Body Works and pairing it with the dishcloths as a hostess gift for my Aunt who has Christmas at her house every year. We don't exchange gifts with aunts, uncles and cousins but I do like to bring her something small.

She mentioned this year she likes very finely knit dishcloths. I didn't get a chance to look too closely at the one she was talking about, but it looked like it was made with a lighter weight yarn and then crocheted around the edges with a regular worsted weight dishcloth cotton. Anyone know of a pattern like this? Maybe just two strands of crochet cotton held together and knit diagonally?

·
19,119 Posts
No wonder I can't get this song out of my head...have a holly jolly Christmas....finished one sock, the 2nd is going good.

Welcome to all the new people. what fun....Christmas all year long.

Would someone like to challenge that we wrap the gift when we finish
Vickilynn - go for it, start it up. I prefer to wrap more towards the holiday in batches - just personal preference.

Made all the hm bathsalts today that will be given for gifts this Christmas. They are bottled and tagged. :fdance:
Pictures please Debbie!! Congrats on getting so much done. What recipe did you use or is it a secret?

I haven't started yet, but today I decide I would like to make a bunch of dishcloths this month. I was thinking of going to the mall and picking up some foaming hand soap from Bath and Body Works and pairing it with the dishcloths as a hostess gift for my Aunt who has Christmas at her house every year. We don't exchange gifts with aunts, uncles and cousins but I do like to bring her something small.

She mentioned this year she likes very finely knit dishcloths. I didn't get a chance to look too closely at the one she was talking about, but it looked like it was made with a lighter weight yarn and then crocheted around the edges with a regular worsted weight dishcloth cotton. Anyone know of a pattern like this? Maybe just two strands of crochet cotton held together and knit diagonally?
Lindsay, my MIL knits something like this on the diagonal, as soon as I can find the instructions, I'll post them. Think that would be a lovely idea for your aunt!!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Forgot pictures MM and I already have them packed away in my Christmas room in the old farmhouse. I use Epsom salts, coloring and essential oils. No secret. :)

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I've never wrapped as I finished, so I think I will give it a go this year. Then I can say finished and mean it.

I've got about 12 more inches to finish the 2nd sock....so I'm going to leave early for Bible study to get a good parking space, and knit in the car.

Everyone.....merry Christmas everyday!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I am glad I found this forum. I Love Christmas and would love to join in on this challenge. I am gonna make bath salts and milk baths in jars, I am also saving to make a blue jean denim quilt for my nephews made from old blue jeans. I will also be making small scrapbooks and scrapbook calendars for the family . Hope i can stick to this challenge.

·
19,119 Posts
Great ideas kimnkell - I like the idea too of checking Christmas gifts off the list on a regular basis!! We always encourage pictures of everything you do!!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Picked up a HUGE roll of wrapping paper today at walmart.... 75 cents. I'm set. :D

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I love can-a-holics kimnkell! :D

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
i love the wrap as we go idea! I'm in on that. I picked up some yarn to make placemats and coasters for my mil, I just have to knit them up. Also, i want to make some dishcloths and towel toppers as well.
Debbie, can you share how to make bath salts? I would love to make those up this year!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Shellie the bath salts are sooo easy. Put some epsom salts in a baggie add a few drops of coloring and a few drops of essential oil then zip up the baggie and squeeze the bath between your hands. You will see the coloring start to sink in the salts. Keep working the bag until all the salt is colored. Then it's done! I fill pretty jars that I pick up at garage sales or thrift stores, add a ribbon and voila .... done. :)

21 - 40 of 223 Posts