Frugal Village Forums banner

41 - 60 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Thanks for mentioning that kimnkell. I forgot that I did that as well. :)

·
19,119 Posts
Just the Epsom salts, food coloring and oils - that's it? What a great idea!! I will start saving bottles and jars now too!! Mahalo for the info!!

·
19,119 Posts
On the way to the airport I want to stop at Walmart and see if there are any of those sale placemats left for tota - find I am in a tote mood these days!! And the red ones will also be good for Valentines presents!! Oh yeah - I'm on a roll!!

·
19,119 Posts
Mahalo Vickilynn!!

Okay - well Walmart did not have any of those luscious placemats left, so we tried KMart. Found a long table runner there which will make serveral totes. A placement with designs on both sides which I will separate and make into a large tote. Will show pictures when they are done. Hope to post the placemat-tote tutorial this weekend.....really easy - you'll love it!!

Reactions: vlmurray

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Looking forward to the tutorial MM! I didn't even know we had a tutorial section until I saw Sara's link. Now there are a ton more things I want to make ! :laugh: I need moretime in the day. Arggggg!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Yes shelli.... Under the DYI section. There is a lot of great stuff listed in there! :)

·
19,119 Posts
We all have the - easily distracted category for sure!! There is so much to do!!

I have to keep repeating to myself - Just one thing at a time - over and over again!!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Me too MM, I tell myself I can't start something new until I am done what I am working on right now or else I would have projects laying all over the place and my house would start looking like those on the show 'Hoarders'! :yikes:

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Me too MM, I tell myself I can't start something new until I am done what I am working on right now or else I would have projects laying all over the place and my house would start looking like those on the show 'Hoarders'! :yikes:
so true.....love the ideas though,,,,,keep them coming...I just might change my mind on the list I thought I was doing for Christmas.

·
19,119 Posts
OMG!!! That is what my home is creeping towards - totally not that bad DC -but mahalo for the visualization - definitely am not going there!!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
One thing at a time??!! Oh my. I'm not sure I can do that. I like the show hoarders- it makes me clean my house!! :D I am working on something for myself for the first time in years. When that's done - I have the yarn for some Christmas placemats and coasters. I hope I can get them done by the end of the month!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have to get started on this or there is no way that I'll get Christmas done in time.

I'm making all our immediate family blankets of some sort. Either quilts, afghans or fleece blankets.
So that includes:
My Mom
My Dad
My Sister
DH's Mom
DH's Dad
DH's Sister
DH's Sister
Neice
Neice
Neice

Im also making a quilt for dd's bed and all the bedding for the new baby's room. These two aren't for Christmas though.

I started on my FIL's afghan this afternoon and got 4 rows finished, lol. Long way to go.

Reactions: mauimagic

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
You'll get there manda, just keep plucking away at it. :)

Reactions: MandaRenee

·
19,119 Posts
Manda - you can only go one row at a time - starting now will give you a great start on your Christmas gifts!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thanks for the encouragement. It just seems daunting when you look at it all on paper. On top of the other birthday and Christmas gifts. Not to mention the things I want to make for dd and the new baby just because... lol

I started my FIL's afghan but had to frog all but the first 2 rows to start again because of a miscount that messed up the whole pattern. Ugh. But I am back to where I was when I found the problem and now I'm going to be. :)

·
19,119 Posts
Glad you found the error so soon and was able to correct it. I think my lists are always daunting when I look at the whole thing - always feel much better when I just do things instead of thinking about them!! Good luck!!

41 - 60 of 223 Posts