Frugal Village Forums banner

61 - 80 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
I'm in! I think, really, I only need to buy for 12 people anyway! *counting in her head* No, 14. Oh well, I will figure it out. Not sure whom I should start with.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
What a great idea! I need to make my list. I have been picking up things clearances at 60% or more for teachers, colleagues and such. I need to go through and match up gifts to people. I should be done with that type of gift. Now to start that Christmas Account and think about family members.

Might I suggest a pie of the month club? My family thought I was dumb for giving that to my dad (homemade pies, or course.) Now they want one, too. :)

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Welcome ldaynada and missy! Pie of the month club. Great idea! :)

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
I stopped at Shop-Ko last night, to kill time between a movie and dinner reservations. . . . found nail sets (4 colors polish, emery boards, all nicely packaged) for .74 - got several for gifting.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I'm in also. I am going to get some fleece while it is on sale and make some scarves and hats.
It is a start.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Great find sunshine! I love coming across deals like that!

Labontet- welcome! Remember to post pics when you are done! We love to see all the creations. :)

·
19,119 Posts
Ladynada, Missy and Labontet - so glad that you joined us - more ideas to share!!

Really good idea to make a list and stay on top of it - I use a notebook because I always have way tooo many loose sheets of paper in this house!!

Reactions: Labontet

·
Registered
212 Posts
Missy I love the pie of the month club idea and am going to steal it. It would make the perfect gift for my FIL for his birthday. I'm the only one in the family that bakes for him so he would love it.

·
19,119 Posts
Really like this idea of a gift a month - need to pursue it in a more crafty vein or doing something together monthly. Anyone with some ideas?

Maybe a date night a month with DH - we always say we will, but don't - this way might make it happen.

This has great possiblities!! Mahalo for the original pie idea!!

·
Registered
212 Posts
MM you could do this for anyone on your gift list and I'm thinking I might do it for several. Here are some off the top of my head ideas.

Napkin, potholder or dishcloth of the month club: You could knit, crochet or sew these. It would be fun and easy to make them coordinate with the holiday of the month with printed fabric or the color of the yarn.

Dinner of the month Club: You could make dinner for this person once a month. This would be great for single people or older people on your list that wouldn't necessarily have someone making home cooked meals for them.

Picture of the month club: I'm thinking of doing this for my grandparents this year. They are always saying that they need new pictures of my dd and with the new baby coming it will be the same. This way every month I'll sit the kids down and take a picture of them to mail off. It would be a great way for distant family members to be kept up to date with the goings on of your family.

Chocolate of the month Club: Pretty self explanitory and who doesn't love a little chocolate surprise every now and then.

You could do this with pretty much anything that you are good at.

Drawing
Painting
Cooking
Baking
Cleaning
Gardening
Writing Letters
Craft Lessons
Family Outings

The possibilities are really endless and I think this may make up the remainder of my Christmas gifts this year.

·
19,119 Posts
Manda - your creativity is sure flowing strong today - mahalo for all the creative ways to express Gift a month!!

Reactions: MandaRenee

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I love your ideas manda! Picture of the month club would be great for some of my distant relatives! And the dishcloth one is great for my Mom and Sil. They would be easy and cheap to mail. Thanks! :)

·
19,119 Posts
I like the dishcloth one too for my SIL. Isn't this fun? Plus - they will be easy to mail!! Would be great too for housewarming presents - so they could build a new supply!!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Mandy - I'm going to ask my son to give me chocolate of the month...oh you meant for us to give these...heheheheheh

love the gift of the month ideas!

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
I made head rest covers for my dad's wheelchair, before he died. . . one for each month, and one for each "special" days like Christmas, his birthday, etc. I gave him the New Year's one for Christmas, with the promise of at least one a month, for a year -- he loved them.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
How nice sunshine! So thoughtful and fun! :)

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
What a lovely thing to do Sunshine!!

·
19,119 Posts
Sunshine - that is such a thoughtful gift!! Talk about bringing smiles throughout the year!!

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
This is a really great idea! Count me in! I have to adjust mine to 2 a month since I have 10 grandkids and 11 great-nieces & nephews that I buy for in addition to all the adults.

61 - 80 of 223 Posts