Frugal Village Forums banner

141 - 160 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
This sounds like a fun challenge! I might try this. My Mom wants some fingerless gloves. I could start that for Christmas 2010. I'll have to come up with some other things too.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Welcome val! Get those fingers busy. :D

Reactions: valerian

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Okay, here's what I am thinking about so far:

For Mom: fingerless gloves
clutch purse that she wants
some type of angel ornament (maybe cross-stitch)
For Lisa (friend): clutch purse (for birthday)
fingerless gloves
For Dad: scarf
For dh: scarf, hat, and fingerless gloves
For Aunt: scarf
For Cousin: fingerless gloves
For three sons: maybe small scrapbooks about them

That's it for now.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Thats a long list val! Good luck and remember to show pics when you are done. :D

·
19,119 Posts
Val - great ideas!! Glad that you joined us!!
The boys will love their scrapbooks!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
i've been doing more thinking about this than doing, I'm afraid.
A placemat/table runner set would be good for my SIL, perhaps crocheted in cotton? I have an eye on a pattern to crochet a scarf/hood thing for my sister, but no other big ideas yet. On my 20 wishes challenge I have a couple of nephews to make afghans for, but the one i've been working on since December is killing my hands... May have to think about fewer homemade gifts, or acquiring skill sets I don't currently have. Working full time sure cuts into my fun!

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
the deal at yugster.com today was perfect for my hubby - a keychain weather station. . . so I got 2 of those (it came in a set of 2). One will go in dh's stocking, and the other will go to one of the boys.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Working full time sure cuts into my fun!
So True!!!!! So , If I'm sitting I'm doing something, knitting....no reading books for me, I listen to books on cd.

Then making appointments with myself like the first weekend monthly retreat really helps!

Val - maybe you could start a scrapbook...make a page for their birth, then on holidays and birthdays add a page.

I get to wrap a present today!!!!! finsihed hat, scarf, mittens for dgd.

·
19,119 Posts
Love that set Vickilynn - what a gorgeous color!! Your GD will be so thrilled!! glad that you got to wrap another present!!

Marjorie, I agree that our regular jobs do get in the way of crafting!! As Vickilynn said, need to be creative in making the time for our fun time!!

Reactions: vlmurray

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Also helps to make a project work for a couple of challenges....my homesteading project is to make heels in socks, which will be a Christmas gift!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Love the set vickilynn! The color is just gorgeous, she will love it. I am glad you were able to wrap another gift. What's next for you?

Reactions: vlmurray

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
DC - I'm using my homestead challenge to knit real heels to also be a Christmas gift...socks for my hubby. And reading how fast YM knits, I'm teaching myself to knit conteniental because it's faster....it feels odd at first, but then knitting did too.....

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Ugh! I haven't worked on anything since Monday. I'm going to try to get a lot done this weekend on the clutch purse I'm knitting. I'm thinking that I'll also start the fingerless gloves for my Mom if I have needles available for it.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Yes YM does have bionic fingers when it comes to knitting. It takes me a half an hour to do one rotation on the dpn's! :laugh:

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Welcome lida! Can't wait to see what you make! :)

·
19,119 Posts
glad you joined us iida!! I am always amazed at how creative everyone is here!!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Welcom iida! What's your first project?

DC - I discovered my knitting spend depends on what's going on...I go slow then speed up then slower..... dh would say that's the way I drive..hahahha

But I'm back to knitting with the yarn in my right hand,,,,, cause I like it that way! Enjoy the process right?

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Welcom iida! What's your first project?

DC - I discovered my knitting spend depends on what's going on...I go slow then speed up then slower..... dh would say that's the way I drive..hahahha

But I'm back to knitting with the yarn in my right hand,,,,, cause I like it that way! Enjoy the process right?
My speed is in the super slow lane..... The lane where the little old ladies and little old men go for a Sunday drive. :D

Reactions: valerian
141 - 160 of 223 Posts