Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oooo, I'm so excited. I think I may have actually made some decent looking candles :) I got the glasses from a thrift shop for .25 each (this is just the first round of 6, I've got two more rounds to go!) and bought a 4 lb. block of wax for $12. Everything combined, I spent about $10/person (these will go in sets of 6 to 3 different women).

The painting is in it's first stages...shame on me. I don't know if it will be ready by Xmas...but my parents will also be getting a big tin of homemade peanut brittle, and some burned (and completely legitimate I promise ;)) DVD's to hold them over until the painting is ready. If I work really hard on it, it just may be ready by Xmas.

·
19,119 Posts
Very decent looking candles and a great start on your painting!! Looking forward to seeing more ictures!!

Reactions: druthb00

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Great job on the candles, and the picture will be beautiful I am sure. You are very talented.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, the candles don't look as great as they did now that they are dry LOL. We'll just say they have....character :D Air bubbles and "wet spots" galore....however, it was the first go around, so hopefully I'll learn from it and the second and third sets will turn out even better :)

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
The candles look great! I love the start of the painting too. Great job. :clap:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Wonderful candles....they look beautiful...I love the glasses they are in. They painting looks like it is going to be a good one :)

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
You are talented. The candles are so pretty. :)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Very good ruth.

I am inspired by your work. I love the candles.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Your candles are great--someone will have some good gifts !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts