Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its only September 2, but I plan on having my Christmas shopping done soon. Many of our gifts are going to be made this year, but I do want to purchase a couple of things for the kids.

Here is the dilema - I haven't the foggiest idea what to buy the 2 boys. Justin is 14 and Michael is 12. Justin I can get books, but I'd like to get him something besides books. Michael is the hard one, he barely plays with toys and he already has a keyboard which he loves.

Any suggestions? Do you have a hard time purchasing gifts for your kids?

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
What are their hobbies or interests? Do they have a favorite sport? Maybe ask them to tell you the ONE thing they want most for Christmas, so you can at least have an idea.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
i buy my oldest dd gift cards, that way she can pick out what she wants because she is so hard to buy for too. At first i was afraid they weren't personal enough but she loves them.

·
FV Buddy aka Kellie Bob
2,161 Posts
We do lots of art supplies-I have been picking up school supplies and putting them away. How about a disp. camera or 2 to experiment with? We usually do 1-2 dvds and each year we build onto his train set. This year I will be buying dss one of those lg therapy balls-I borrowed one last week for him to try in the yard-he pops almost every other ball. Also, what about cologne and a special dressy outfit. Hope this helps.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
The keyboard was a huge hit for us here too. :) (as was a brio type train set) We do mainly arts and craft type things, dvd's, cd's and books. We just got him a matchbox starter set race car track. He really enjoys that, so maybe remote control type things for your sons? Novelty pillows we seem to have a mini collection of. Right now, my son is really into animals, sports, and software.

Karoake machine might be a fun thing. :D hehe

We did a fish aquarium and that was a hit too. :)

Sara

1 - 5 of 5 Posts