Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a decent recipe to make hard candies. However, I am having difficulty infusing enough flavor into it. Particularly Cinnamon. I'm using extra strong oils. The fruit flavors seems to incorporate well enough but the flavor is weak even when I double the amount of oil. The Cinnamon oil does not incorporate at all and instead just floats around on the top and pours off first when I pour the candy. I've tried adding it after the mix has hit 300 and dropped down a bit and I've added it at 300. Any tips or solutions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Tom

· Registered
8 Posts
I’ve made cinnamon candy before and never had a problem with incorporating the cinnamon oil in the candy mix. Maybe the the oil you’re using is older? I don’t think mine was 300-degrees when I added it. Maybe go a little cooler, like 275 - 250 degrees?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve made cinnamon candy before and never had a problem with incorporating the cinnamon oil in the candy mix. Maybe the the oil you’re using is older? I don’t think mine was 300-degrees when I added it. Maybe go a little cooler, like 275 - 250 degrees?
Thank for the response! I've tried with 2 different brands of oils and both brand new. I've done a batch at 300 and tried to cool it and added at about 285 with the same results. I'm trying to make lollipops and am using a large syringe to suck up the mix and get it into the molds, so as it cools it's harder to do this and both batches have resulted in a small puddle of oil on top of the mix that either pours off first if i pour it or is sitting in the bottom if i use the syringe to suck up the mixture. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

1 - 3 of 3 Posts