Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....what do you eat for meals? Do you have some that you rotate week after week?

Is it just you eating this way, or do you have the whole family doing it?

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Michelle, I probably eat a bit different than most vegetarians. I don't make special meals for me, I eat around the meals I have for the family. With our limited budget, I can't be making 2 types of meals (unless I make chili or lasagna type meals with meat).

Tonight we are having stew (carrots, potatoes, turnips and deer meat) along with a nice thick gravy. I'll have everything except the meat (I take it out for my serving).

I don't make a lot of casserole type dishes - the family just doesn't like them. They like meat, potatoes, veggies & salads, so for me is really easy to eat everything I make for them except I don't eat the meat, chicken or fish.

Last night we had potato salad, along with peas and roast chicken. I ate the salad (not peas, I hate those) and I had a sliced tomato for my veggie.

I'm still eating cheese and eggs, but have really cut down on those has well, and I am working at going vegan by the end of the year.

No, my family has not gone vegetarian and at this time don't plan or want to. Thats okay for me, I don't mind.

btw - if I make chili, lasagna, etc. with meat in, then I'll cook myself up some frozen veggies and have a baked potato or a tossed salad (something thats easy to make) along with the veggies.

Does that help?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts