Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to try out your bread recipe (white first). How much does the total make? I'm guessing 4 loaves, or 2 loaves and __ rolls, or ___ rolls?

Also can I make the rolls bigger so they will be like hamburger buns or like sandwich size rolls? If so, about what size of a piece of dough in my hand do I need?

In your white bread recipe it calls for 1 cup milk, and 3 cups water should these be room temp, warmed up or cold?

TIA

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
It makes 4 loaves, but you can make 2 loaves and the rest in buns if you want.

Yes you can make the buns bigger into hamburger buns. If your use to making buns already, I would add almost the same size again. It will have to be by trial and error. I would say approx. a hand full of dough. Let them rise until double in bulk and then bake!!

When I want to make buns, I always cut the dough in 4 parts. I use 2 parts for the loaves and then gently roll the other 2 sections for the buns. Don't roll hard!!! Then I just cut off a piece I need for the buns. For this recipe, I usually put 9 buns to a cake pan (8 inch). If your making hamburger buns, you'll want to put them in a larger pan and further apart so that they rise nice.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks CJ. :thanx:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts