Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clash is the operative word here. We have the UGLIEST orange couch ever. Dh loves it. I love its shape and how comfy it is. But it is an intense orange that surprises people as they walk in the door. So Dh calls and says he's gotten a new couch to bring home. He pulls up and it is great! It has been reupholstered almost completely finished, the previous owners did everything for the upholsery except for covering over the springs with a layer of fabric (no prob, we have plenty of canvas that will work for this). It is a three piece sectional. I like it very much. So, DH and i get it in the house and he sys later on he will help rearrange the furniture in the living room and we will move it in there. I say okie doke and begin taking the cushions off of the old orange one to get it moved out to his truck. Hold on Dh says, whatcha doin??? Im gettign the old couch ready to go... No, were keeping the orange one... See where this conversation is going????

So now we have a bright orange couch and a country blue sectional couch. And to top it off...I just had decluttered the living room...... :eek:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
UGGGHHHH! Orange! :D When my DH and I were first married, we "inherited" a bunch of furniture in oranges and rusts. Praise God after all these years we have finally gotten rid of all of them.:toothy: I completely sympathize with you!

·
Registered
215 Posts
:D Can you reupholster the orange couch, one day????

God Bless, our husbands!!!

What a funny story!:D

In our home, the characters would be reversed. Dh would want the couch to go, and I would want to hang on to it, for sentimental reasons, of course. LOL

Enjoy your new couch!:D

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
2 words, couch cover! We did this with mils old couch, we loved it but it was so dirty we never could get it clean!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Poor Baby!!! I got a dh too...I feel your pain!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL, i asked him if we could recover the orange couch and he said no, he loves it and its orange color!!!! Sheesh! :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts