1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Easter Candy Dish

Jelly beans? Chocolates? Your choice. Here's what you'll need for this server:

4 1/2" terra-cotta flowerpot; 8 1/2" saucer
White and Baby Pink Soft Flock (by Plaid)
Yellow and white acrylic paint
Dimensional Fabric Paint by Plaid (Denim)
9" x 8" white felt; pink fabric and felt scraps
Two 6" sturdy, flexible wires
5"-Jcandy dish
6" straw hat; artificial flowers
Masking tape; glue gun; tacky glue

PAINT flowerpot and saucer white. Let dry. Plan rabbit face on upside-down pot as in photo. Outline round cheeks.

APPLY pink flocking to cheeks, following package instructions. Let dry. Cover cheeks with masking tape. Place flowerpot in a large bowl and flock outside white. Let dry.

PAINT saucer yellow, leaving white stripes on rim. Paint eyes and mouth with dimensional paint. Let dry.

DRAW 6" ear and triangular nose patterns (or enlarge ours, printed over text, above right, 200% on a copier). Cut 4 white felt ears, 2 pink inner ears and felt nose. Glue ears in pairs with wire support in centers. Glue pink ears to fronts, nose to face.

HOT-GLUE hat to pot, ears and flowers to hat. Bend ears. Place rabbit in saucer. Fill saucer with candy (or paper clips, etc.).

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
Too Cute!!!!

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
:bump:

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
This is very cute--I may do it this year since we're having Easter here. I bet my kids would get a kick out of it :)

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
That is tooooo cute! Looks pretty easy too.:D

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
That is too cute Lori! Thanks for posting about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.