Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
FV Buddy aka KathiBob
1,651 Posts
That is cute, Sara. Thanks for another great craft idea!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
That is a really neat craft that I think I will try out really soon!! :)

That is a really neat craft that I think I will try out really soon!! :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Those are so cute ...

I went to the craft store a few weeks ago and the little clay pots were on sale so I bought about 8 of them and now I know what to do with a few of them.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
:bump:

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
That's great ! I'll be doing that one too !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Please, if you can, send me a color copy of the front and back of the project sheet from Michaels on the claypot picture holder. I've been using it with my 6th graders for years and have finally misplaced it. I would be forever in your debt.

dneal

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't have the project sheet. But here's the instructions.

* Delta Ceramcoat® Acrylic Paint, Bahama Purple
* Delta Ceramcoat® Acrylic Paint, Calypso Orange 2516
* Delta Ceramcoat® Acrylic Paint, Fuchsia
* Delta Ceramcoat® Acrylic Paint, Turquoise
* Delta Ceramcoat® Gloss Exterior/Interior Varnish
* Toner Plastics Fun Wire™,18 gauge, Icy Silver
* Cardboard box, 10-inches high
* Clay rose pot, 2½-inch

* Glue gun, lo-temp
* Glue sticks, lo-temp
* Paintbrush, shader, No. 12
* Paintbrush, shader, No. 8
* Plaster of Paris
* Pliers
* Photos of your choice
* Water container

Use wire cutters to cut the Fun Wire into eight 16-inch pieces.

Turn the clay pot upside down. Hold the eight pieces of wire together in a bundle and insert about 2-inches of the bundle into the hole in the bottom of the pot. Add plenty of glue to the hole around the wire bundle making sure to seal the hole closed.

Ask an adult to cut a hole in a cardboard box to securely hold the clay pot (with long wire ends pointing downward) so that Plaster of Paris can be poured inside the pot. Mix the Plaster of Paris following manufacturer's instructions and pour into the clay pot until full. Let dry according to manufacturer's instructions.

Use the No. 12 Shader brush to paint the clay pot with 2-3 coats of Calypso Orange, letting paint dry between each coat.

Use the eraser end of a pencil dipped in Fuchsia to make dots around pot as shown; let dry.

Use the No. 8 Shader brush to make evenly-spaced stripes around upper rim of clay pot with Bahama Purple; let dry.

Use the tip of a paintbrush handle dipped in Bahama Purple to make small dots between the large dots. Place small dots on each side of purple stripes as shown.

Brush on 2-3 coats of varnish; let dry.

Ask an adult for help using the pliers to start the smallest part of
the coils in the wire ends. Work the wire with your fingers until you have coiled up all the wires. These coils will hold your photos and cards in place.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
How adorable! Thanks for the instructions Sara! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts