Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What did you do today to destroy the dust devils? To control the clutter creatures? To grind the grime gremlins into the ground?

Just a little thread for those of us who do better with accountability and affirmation, to post our daily successess (or failures, if we so wish), for all to see, because everyone knows that sunshine is the best disinfectant. :)

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I so need this. I want to get my house in order and clean so I don't have to panic when someone wants to come over. I'm still putting things away from when I had my house painted 2 weeks ago, sorting and cleaning as I go. Tonight I need to finish up the kitchen, and clean the bathroom. Both shouldn't take me more than 30 minutes. I can do it...

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So far, in the fit of a cleaning pique, I scrubbed down a toilet, wiped down the stovetop, and cleaned the inside of the microwave.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I so need this. I want to get my house in order and clean so I don't have to panic when someone wants to come over. I'm still putting things away from when I had my house painted 2 weeks ago, sorting and cleaning as I go. Tonight I need to finish up the kitchen, and clean the bathroom. Both shouldn't take me more than 30 minutes. I can do it...
Me too! I have loads of guests this week and it's the only reason my house is looking even vaguely clean and tidy :shame:. It seems to be if I miss two or three days of cleaning it all goes to hell.

I have a backlog of dishes that I need to do tonight, sort out the rubbish and find out how to clean the wall...

·
Registered
682 Posts
Great idea for a thread!
Today I cleaned the bathroom, did laundry, swept the kitchen, and ran the vacum.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I am about half way through my pregnancy and I have to admit that I am calling in professional help with the cleaning. I can't bend and stretch anymore! I am really hoping that this will help me keep the house clean between cleanings, kwim?

Hope you guys don't mind if I participate anyway?

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
done dishes,cleaned off cabinets & table, cleaned commode,defrosted and clean out freezer threw some things away i would probably never use,took out 2 bags trash,washed load dish towel,napkins,pot holders,place mats,but not got them out dryer yet.When i was reaching down in freezer i pulled a musle in side and shoulder so i am not getting much done this afternoon.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
No problem, TigerGirl. You can list what you ordered the housekeeper to do. ;)
She will be coming for the first time on Friday (hopefully), but I have to "preclean"...pick up the junk so she can actually clean the surfaces. I hope that with her help I can get the house in a good rhythm. Right now it more like "let it get to dirty you HAVE to clean it" as opposed to clean as you go.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had a housekeeper when I lived in so Cal. She came every other week, and I LOVED her. I haven't been able to find one I like here, so I have been limping along without one. If you get one who does a good job, you will really enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Me too! I have loads of guests this week and it's the only reason my house is looking even vaguely clean and tidy :shame:. It seems to be if I miss two or three days of cleaning it all goes to hell.

I have a backlog of dishes that I need to do tonight, sort out the rubbish and find out how to clean the wall...
Took me much longer than expected, but largely thanks to the help of my mother, this is all done :).

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So far, I've washed dishes, but not much else. Darned work keeps getting in the way. If only I could figure out a way to get the paycheck while staying home!! ;) Will try to get more done tonight.

·
Super Moderator
19,695 Posts
Today I:

~flung all the old dog toys
~cleaned all the dog toys we're keeping
~cleaned up cat puke in the living room
~put dirty dishes in the dishwasher
~pulled a tick off one of the dogs
~cleaned up this season's second corpse
~flung unwanted shoes
~swept bedroom floor

All in all, not too bad.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Today, I:
  • cleaned the hard water stains out of the dog bowls
  • washed dishes
  • picked up clutter from the hallway, kitchen, and bathroom
  • put away the groceries I bought yesterday and left laying about
  • put away all the clean dishes

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
So far today I:
~loaded & ran the dishwasher
~washed the pans
~de-cluttered kitchen surfaces
~wiped down kitchen surfaces
~de-cluttered dining room surfaces
~wiped down dining room surfaces
~put down clean tablecloths
~picked up all the toys from the floors in the kitchen, dining room, living room, office, & foyer

Still need to:
~sweep & mop
~vacuum
~wipe down bathroom surfaces
~wash bathmats

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Yesterday when I got up and walked into my kitchen I wondered whose kitchen it ws because it was all clean and everything was put away! I liked that a lot, so I am on my way to keeping my house clean by making sure my kitchen is all clean when I go to bed at night. It really makes a difference.

Tonight I will vacuum, dust and clean the bathroom.

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I started doing that with dishes a few months ago, tervsforme, and I know what you mean! Even though I am the one doing them at night, it feels so nice to come out in the morning and not have a pile of dirty dishes waiting for me!

1 - 20 of 109 Posts