Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As promised, here is another mini-challenge. This time we attack the coffee pot!!

:coffee3::coffee3::coffee3:

I know we use ours daily and the carafe gets washed, but that's about it. Again, my method involves the use my vinegar. Fill the carafe with half vinegar and half water, put in the pot as you would to make a pot of coffee and run it. Then let it sit for a while int he carafe/pot. Then run a clean water pot through the machine. Net do a good clean on the outside of the coffee pot. Alternate methods involve the use of a denture tab which I don't have readily available.
:coffee::coffee::coffee:

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Great idea TG! :)

My problem is the outside of the carafe. My dad tends to 'fry' a lot of things though its fried as in sautee not deep fry. We get a greasy film over everything and its very hard to get off. I use the scubby side of the sponge with straight vinegar and good ol elbow grease. This 'usually' works. Also works with the glass lids on the pots on the stove as well. Everything gets coated in grease here and it drives me bonkers! :soapbox:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great idea TG! :)

My problem is the outside of the carafe. My dad tends to 'fry' a lot of things though its fried as in sautee not deep fry. We get a greasy film over everything and its very hard to get off. I use the scubby side of the sponge with straight vinegar and good ol elbow grease. This 'usually' works. Also works with the glass lids on the pots on the stove as well. Everything gets coated in grease here and it drives me bonkers! :soapbox:
I looked it up and apparently vinegar and really hot water make a good degrease. Also, I read that ammonia and hot water is also a good option.

·
8,714 Posts
~I was about to post a thanks but no thanks to this thread since we have a stainless steel, dishwasher safe coffee press but somebody had to go and mention a tea kettle. Mine is a mess! Guess that will be my challenge.~

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Done :cheer4:

Reactions: TigerGirl1226

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess DH and I are the only ones that let our coffee pot sit uncleaned...y'all seem to be on top of this one. Maybe I'll have to come up with something a little more challenging next time....:wink:

·
19,119 Posts
yup - I will be cleaning ours in the morning!! Great idea!!

Reactions: TigerGirl1226
1 - 11 of 11 Posts