Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have something good to clean oven racks. We have a self-cleaning oven. I tried some oven cleaner on the racks. I put them on newspaper and sprayed them. It did not work.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Another thing you can do is spray the with the over cleaner while they are in the bag......the over cleaner really works well. I pull all my burner plates, racks and everything that can be removed. Toss them all in the garbage sack, spray them, set them in the sun (if its warm!)
let them sit in there over night. Take them out and all you have to do is spray them with water, clean and done.

Reactions: fixer

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Another thing you can do is spray the with the over cleaner while they are in the bag......the over cleaner really works well. I pull all my burner plates, racks and everything that can be removed. Toss them all in the garbage sack, spray them, set them in the sun (if its warm!)
let them sit in there over night. Take them out and all you have to do is spray them with water, clean and done.
:yes: :agree:

I've found that the oven cleaner works best if you let them sit for at least 3 or 4 hrs and overnight is ideal.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Spray them with Castrol Super Clean and pressure wash them.

Works like a charm.

If they are stainless steel you can blast them with baking soda or walnut shells and a media blaster. That's how I clean mine. Your mileage may vary though.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I just cleaned mine last week using regular old steel wool and a sink full of hot soapy water. They were pretty grimy so it took a while, but they came out brand new!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts