Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm headed down to this town (city?) in March for a belated birthday adventure with close friends. The reason why we're going is quite silly actually. Here's a link for it :lol: http://www.dennysbeerbarrelpub.com/

If you click BURGERS on the left, we're going to 'tatse' the 6lb burger. Please note, I said taste, not attempt to eat :lol: We're not that silly. Its just more something fun to do thats not the norm.

Also, I think we're leaving on the Friday evening after work and driving straight to Pittsburgh and checking into a hotel/motel. We're going to the zoo on the Saturday then after we're driving straight from the zoo to Clearfield, PA, checking in then going to EAT! Sunday am is travelling back home leisurely, stopping wherever to shop.

Any touristy things close to Clearfield that we should check out OR in between Clearfield and Buffalo, NY (thats where we're crossing). Also, any discounts to be had for hotels, travel stops etc?? Tips and suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
374 Posts
I really can't tell you what all kind of attractions are in Clearfield sadly because it is only 25 minutes from my house. Shows ya how much I get out. But I do know if you see fog be prepare cause it comes in right now. The last time I was up there it started to get foggy and within 5 minutes you couldn't see. We were at the bottom of the mountain and the further up we went the worse it got. I do know that if you're into hunting theres a Grices museum up there.

·
Registered
374 Posts
If you google ....clearfield pa attractions... you will get a sight with some things on it. I was going to post the link but I can't get it to copy for me. Have fun

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Sounds like that will be a fun trip. Never been there so I have no tips for you except... Enjoy yourself! That is one HUGE burger that is showing on the front page!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Pittsburgh Zoo Area - Restaurant(s)?

:bump:

Just realized that we've booked the motels and well - does anyone know of a cool or fun place to eat thats moderately priced for breakfast or late lunch close to the Pittsburgh Zoo?

We're staying out in that area: Pittsburgh/Monroeville.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts