Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to admit at the end of may I spent another 50$! I got two new purses (totally didn't need them but my oh my they are making me feel better!) I got a new wallet I really needed, my old one was much too small for what I need now.
And I also got another pair of shorts for summer. I did end up putting back a shirt I was going to get after I saw those purses ;)

Ok, so for June I am putting my goal at 100$ :eek: I'm being more realistic, and maybe if I give myself a bigger range to shoot for I won't feel so deprived and end up splurging?

well, we'll see! :D

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Today I got Ayla a hat, for 3.50$

·
Registered
203 Posts
Well clothing challenge is easy for me!!I don't buy clothes hardly ever.....lol!! Now if I get a job I will be forced to buy clothes for work:EEK:but first stop will be the thrift stores!!

·
Registered
567 Posts
I've gone way overboard with clothing purchases lately. I am 31 weeks pregnant and miss all my old clothes! So I've been buying lots of cute maternity outfits to compensate. It is too hard to find good, used or consignment maternity clothing.

I've also been buying shoes because they are the only thing that fit in my old size! :)

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Betsy, I'm glad to hear you are getting yourself cute stuff, because I tried to save money and didn't allow myself to do that, but now I TOTALLY regret it. to make up for it, I am planning out my maternity wardrobe *now for a baby that we don't even plan on having for a long long time :D

Ok but back to my shopping totals :eek:
My husband handed me a hundred bucks to go get a bikini and a pair of sandles. (i really only needed 40$?)
So I went wild and made an afternoon of it!
I had a lot of fun trying on stuff, tried on a lot more than I bought...

But I did buy:
1 pair of capri jeans ~full price, but i noticed there were only 2 left in my size...and these are PERFECT

2 new shirts (blue color's to match my new flip flops)

1 pair flip flops (baby blue crushed velvet..and sooo soft on my feet!)

1 denim purse ~drawstring type with some cool design~made by Rampage...i love that brand it's the second purse i got from them now!

1 tank top for Ayla ~red/white checkered stretchy material

1 hanes her way bra (NO underwire but has a GREAT shape still! love it!)

1 Very modest black one peice swimsuit, with tummy control.
Oh, I ended up getting that instead of my bikini because they were all sold out of my size already.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok I'm *awake now so I'll actually give my totals from what I spent yesterday :D ;)

74$ :eek:
Brings me up to 77.50.

But, I think I'm going to return that hat I got ayla, it's too small and she doesn't wear it. We are also going to return an 18$ belt today, but alas,I think I might end up spending even more than that once we are there.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Today I am returning a pair of shoes and a baby bag. I'd rather find a less expensive bag at a garage sale or consignment store.

The shoes are cute, but a little big--so I'm taking them back.

Can I let out a gripe? I think Motherhood Maternity stores have a crappy return policy. You only have 10 days and the items have to still have the tags on them--and only then do you get to exchange, no money back.

I bought a tank top there and after I had worn it, my DH noticed a hole in the side seam! Ugh! Now I'm stuck with it.

On the flip side, Old Navy has a great return policy! :)

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that stinks about their return policy betsy :(

Well I did return the hat, as well as a pair of black trouser pants, and the belt...oh I still have another 8$ shirt to return, i totally forgot to bring it's receipt with me! doh!

So when we returned the belt, we got 3 pairs of hoop earrings for me, and a necklace that dh really wanted me to have, a really cute/stretchy t shirt that has a firefly on it, and says something about not being a firebug and saving the forests. It's sooo soft and stretchy!
I also got some underwear and an olive green ribbed tank top.

All in all, *after I return that shirt I'll be out about another buck :D

78.50 will be my new total

1 - 9 of 9 Posts