Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw heather didnt start this yet so i thought i would..i went to a store and got a new pair of jeans for $6.29 and i did need them..i have one pair of jeans that i can wear..the rest either need repair (i can do if i make time) or just a little too tight..so these jeans came in handy..

and i resisted the urge to buy more items off the clearance rack..i told my self i need to got thru what i have before i would allow myself to buy anything else..but i knew i had to have the jeans..

so needless to say im happy and proud of myself

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Good job grneygrl!! :)

I went out to Ross today and I had about 7$ in store credit. I ended up buying two things.

One was a 28$ Vanity Fair bra (but only cost 6.99)

Then the other was a tank top i had returned once before for feeling guilty about spending $ on it. Seeing it again made me realize I REALLY liked it! That tank top was 5.99

So with store credit and tax I ended up spending 8.66 total. I really needed a bra that was that color, I'm so happy!

My goal for this month is to only spend 40$ total. (give or take a buck) :D

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
oh NO! :eek: This weekend I went out to the Mall twice with Carl and both times I completely forgot I was on a budget {hits forehead}

Although everything we got with the exception of some short shorts that dh REALLY wanted me to have, are things I reallY LOVE :)

I got a new pair of jeans that are a light blue instead dark blue like all my jeans are that I wear. So this is very refreshing :)
cost? 35$ with tax :eek: ouch!

THEN we went to the mall to buy certain underwear for me. They are the only kind that fit right. Soooo I forgot again and ended up buying a clearanced shirt for 5$ and shorts for 15$ that dh just HAD to get me. They are cute, but dangit I'll need to workout a bit harder to make sure nothing rolls out wrong ROFL..
The only pair of undies we did get cost 3$.

Sooo 35$ plus 25$ plus 8.66 = 68.66$
My goal was 40$ (hides in shame)

At least I'm keeping track though, some months last year I would just spend and spend :eek: and spend and spend and spend

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
ok, bringing up my totals another 10$, I got a 10 pack of socks.

now at 78.66.
(way over my set budget)

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Ok, up to 91.86 spent. I got dh his socks, and a pair of sandals for me. I did resist from buying another pair of jeans, even though it was only 6$.
(total spent there, $13.30, and I used a .75 coupon on his socks, which were on sale too!)

We *will be returning a pair of shoes though,
so that'll be 43$ back to us, so I guess I'll subtract it from this months spending when we do return it. That'll bring my total back down to something more decent :eek:

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Heather, you make me smile girl! I love the way you describe things.:)

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Does anyone else find that when it gets closer to summer the clothes budget seems to magically be thrown out the window?Mine did big time,dh had a huge shopping spree at old navy(ok I kinda did too)I'm not even going to tell you how much we spent,but it was money saved up just for this purpose.

Oh and Lauren just got a huge bag of clothes from her friend so now that is left for this season is some shorts for bubba(can't go to disney for 11 days with 4 pairs of shorts now can he?)

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Awww thanks Debbie!!

Amanda, I think I know what you mean :D
I just bought yet ANOTHER clothing item. It's a mini skirt (has shorts under it attatched that you can't see from the outside, or else I wouldn't have bought it) It's a decent length though, not 'hoochie mama'ish at all :D

So now my total spent is up to 105.75 :eek: Course that's still not counting the return we will eventually make with my shoes! Darn those stinky shoes for being uneven! {pout}

oh but the COOL thing is I went in to target, pulled out like 12 shirts to try on ...not ONE of them I liked...nor did the jeans i tried on fit...SO what ended up happening? I found something already in the fitting room (that skirt) and fell in love with it! I wouldn't have found it otherwise!

And the bonus was that it was 5$ cheaper than the tag said! Whooohoooo!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts