Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love coffee. I rarely go a day without at least half a cup. One of my favorite indulgences is flavored coffee.

Any other coffee lovers?

I'm embarrassed to say we burn through coffeemakers at the rate of about one maker per yr. :eek: lol

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I love it too, but mostly for all that comes with it: relaxing, reading, coffee shops, big comfy chairs, good conversation, pastries ;)

I've never "needed" coffee on a daily basis and actually drink decaf at least half the time. At home I usually mix decaf with regular if I think I need the caffeine. I usually don't.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I actually stopped making my coffee in a coffee maker because it started to taste weird and instead of buying a new coffee maker I just bought a french press. I have much more control over its brewing this way. Seems to taste less acidic and fuller.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a french press. I like it made that way (also had the bodum teapot) but with two of us over here drinking it, I need a larger pot. lol

I never really needed it in recent years, but now I know I do. I'd never make it on so few hours sleep without it.

Whenever I feel like I'm too dependent on it, I switch over to hot cocoa, but it's just not the same.

Coffee is a ritual over here.

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
:wave2: Me! Me! Me! :D

Oh yeah, I am a coffee addict too. I still drink my 2-3 pots per day, but now mine is mostly decaf too. We also mix it ourselves, either 1/2 and 1/2 or 2/3 decaf to 1/3 regular. I also love hot tea and hot cocoa. Something about a hot drink I guess because I drink it even in our hot humid summers. :)

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
I forgot to add that we perk ours on the stove in a glass pot. I do have a drip maker but only use it when company comes over and I need more than 1 pot will make at a time. We changed over many years ago when I lived in an apartment, the hard water destroyed (clogged the water line) all the time and just wouldn't come clean or drip anymore. So I bought a pot I could get my hand into to scrub it clean. :laugh: Perked is so much better, you have to try it. You can control the strength this way too depending on how long you perk it.

I have never had coffee in a french press, I may just try that one day.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've always wanted one of the glass pyrex type perculators.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Coffee addict here! I buy Kicking Horse (company in BC,Canada). It's organic and comes in a variety of blends.....my indulgence, my morning sanity saver!

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I love coffee, but I only drink what my husband calls "frou frou" coffee (cappucino, lattes, etc.). Regular brewed coffee makes me gag. The flavored coffee recipes on hillbillyhousewife have saved me a bundle!

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Me too :wave2:

I know I'm addicted to it, if I don't have any coffee I have a raging migraine by noon. I have to have at least one cup, preferably two, to start my day. In the winter/colder months I may have one more cup in early afternoon. I am finding that I have to switch to decaf in the afternoons/evenings or it will keep me up all night long.

I love all kinds. Latte, cappuccino, espresso...mostly I just love a good cup of regular coffee. I like to try the flavored coffees. The only kind that I like is Dunkin Donuts. The other flavored stuff tastes ick to me. I prefer flavored creamers to flavored coffees.

We used to go through coffee pots too, until we invested in a Krups. Now we have that one and a Hamilton Beach Brewmaster. We are on our second Brewmaster in three years...the Krups has been going strong for nearly 10 years!

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Lord yes! I work at home ( desk job all day) and go through a pot a day myself. I have taken to drinking half decaf and am trying to make the switch to all decaf. I also love flavored coffees and herbal flavored teas.

Lately I have been switching to tea in the late afternoon or evening to help me sleep a bit better. But there is nothing like a good hot cup of coffee to make the world right again!

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Here too.
Been a coffee hound all my life. Dr put me on it at 9 months old to stimulate my heart.
No decaf here. I drink 10 cups a day of the good stuff.
Only flavored one I like is hazelnut

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Another coffee lover there too! I drink a pot every morning and then at night, once the boys are in bed, enjoy a Chocolate Mint mocha.
I too used to have to change coffee pots quicker then I did...well you know. :) Then I bought a Bunn. I LOVE IT!

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Yes, I am a coffee addict. We drink the half decaf kind. I have a problem with a racing heart beat, so I can't have too much caffeine.

·
Registered
882 Posts
I usually have one or two cups every morning. In the afternoon I'll have a cup of decaf! I'm trying to stop with caffiene all together, but I just can't make the total switch :)

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
I love putting cinnamon in my coffee perk. makes it really yummy!!!
Im more of a tea lover but fresh coffee grounds smell so good.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I have always enjoyed a good cup of coffee. I have to have it everyday when I am working. I haven't been employed for the last 5 months, so it hasn't had a huge hold over my life, like it does when I work. At work I could go through a couple of travel size mugs a day (I prefer a flavored coffee). Here at home I have so much pent up energy, if I drink more than half a cup I can't fall asleep. I have been drinking either a half cup of coffee with lots of milk or a cup of hot chocolate each day. I just tried the white hot chocolate at Dunkin Donuts (with a gift card) and it was sooooo good :) Then I drink a cup or two of tea during the day. I always find myself needing a hot cup of tea, coffee, or cocoa with me during the cloder months. (that's 6-7 months out of the year here :) ) I noticed the last month that I worked I had to cut way back on both tea and coffee. I started getting a racing heart throughout the day. I blamed the amount of coffee at the time, but it could have been a panic attack too.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Coffee drinker here. I drink it to help me ease into the morning. My girls know I'm "not available" for them to climb on until my coffee is gone....lol!

They don't have decaf coffee here (unless it's instant...yuck!) otherwise I would have switched to half/half when I found out I was preg.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm addicted to coffee

Wow I wonder what you all will think of me then...........I drink coffee from the time I get up until I go to sleep and DH does the same also 6+ pots a day
We go thru 2 large cans a week and it is fully "leaded" coffee.
Sometimes we will splerge and buy whole bean coffee I have a kitchenaid coffee mill, and a stainless Bunn coffee maker which is really nice it has no burner plate therefore my coffee does not get that burnt taste you get from a regular coffee maker. We have been drinking coffee this way many years.

"You know you have had to much coffee when: Instant coffee takes to long"

1 - 20 of 76 Posts