Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make there own flavored coffee creamer? I would love the recipe - mocha, vanilla, etc.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
I don't make my own creamer, but I do make my own mocha. Put a tsp. of unsweetened coacoa in the bottom of your coffee cup. Or, if you add milk, put the milk in first, zap briefly in the microwave. Then put in the cocoa and 1 tsp sugar. Stir. Pour in your coffee. If I drank a lot of this (I don't as I love it too much and I would look like blimp) I'd probably mix up the right amount of dried milk, cocoa, and sugar. Or, if you have kids and have "instant" chocolate milk, use that and then you don't need to add sugar....

Judi

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Flavored Coffee Creamers:
http://www.heart4home.net/coffeecreamer.htm

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/434253/how_to_make_instant_cappuccino_and.html?cat=22

http://busycooks.about.com/library/recipes/blflavcoffcream.htm

Maybe these recipes will help you out as well.... These are for the flavored coffee, not the flavored creamers.

(Note: the small amount of soda in each recipe is used to increase the solubility of the mix in water. For best dissolving results, put the mix in the cup then pour in hot water. For people on low-sodium diets, baking soda should NOT be used. If you substitute sugar with a non-calorie sweetener, be sure to use less than called for due to the difference in bulk of sugar VS sweetener.)

Cafe Cappuccino

1/2 c. instant coffee granules
3/4 c. sugar
1 c. non-fat dry milk powder
1/2 t. dried orange peel
1/8 t. baking soda

Mash orange peel in mortar and pestle or in a bowl with the back of a spoon. Stir all ingredients together. If possible, put in blender until powdered. Place 2 rounded teaspoons in cup for each 6 to 8 ounces of water. Yield: 1 c. dry mix, or enough to make 20 cups at 40 calories each; 17 calories if powdered sweetener is used.
---------------------

Cafe Francaise

1/4 c. sugar
1-1/4 c. non-fat dry milk powder
1/8 t. baking soda

Stir ingredients together. If possible, put in blender until powdered. Place 2 rounded t. in cup for each 6-8 ounces of water. Yield: 1 cup dry mix. Enough to make 20 cups at 25 calories each: 20 calories if powdered sweetener is used.
--------------------

Italian Mocha Espresso

1 c. instant coffee granules
1 c. sugar
4-1/2 c. non-fat dry milk powder
1/2 c. cocoa
1/2 t. baking soda

Stir ingredients together. If possible, put in blender until powdered. Use 2 T. for each 4 ounces of water (serve in a small demitasse cup). Yield: 4-1/2 c. dry mix. Each mix to make 36 cups at 60 calories each. This is a VERY strong and rich coffee. Artificial sweetener is not recommended for this recipe.
-----------------

Cafe Vienna

2/3 c. sugar
2/3 c. non-fat dry milk powder
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/8 t. baking soda

Stir ingredients together. If possible, put in blender until powdered. Place 2 rounded teaspoons in cup for each 6-8 ounces of water. Yield: 1 cup dry mix. Enough to make 20 cups at 35 calories each; 12 calories if powdered sweetener is used.
----------------

Swiss Mocha

1/2 c. sugar
1 c. non-fat dry milk powder
2 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/8 t. baking soda

Stir ingredients together. If possible, put in blender until powdered. Place 2 rounded teaspoons in cup for each 6-8 ounces of water. Yield: 1 cup dry mix. Enough to make 20 cups at 40 calories each; 17 calories if powdered sweetener is used.
------------

Mexican Cocoa

1-1/2 c. sugar
4-1/2 c. non-fat dry milk powder
1 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 c. instant coffee granules (optional)

Stir ingredients together, if possible, put in blender until powdered. Use 3 T. for each 8 ounces of water. Yield: 4-1/2 c. dry mix. Enough to make 24 cups at 105 calories each; 70 calories if powdered sweetener is used.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts