Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Licence to Kill
3,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've wanted to learn to draw for quite a while...but I don't think I have an artistic bone in my body. :(

Anyone here taken a basic drawing class in a college? There's one available this coming semester and I think I'd enjoy the class... I don't know how they grade it and I don't want to mess up my GPA??

Any advice? Should I go for it? Or hold off?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I've wanted to learn to draw for quite a while...but I don't think I have an artistic bone in my body. :(

Anyone here taken a basic drawing class in a college? There's one available this coming semester and I think I'd enjoy the class... I don't know how they grade it and I don't want to mess up my GPA??

Any advice? Should I go for it? Or hold off?
Go for it! Drawing isn't about talent, as much as it's about learning the process. It's a lot of drawing shapes, and filling in shadows, and such. Of course, it helps to have talent, but it isn't required. My son learned to draw human bodies at age 9 by just getting a book on it from the Library. If a 9 year old can do it, you can too.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
A class I took was graded. Don't worry about it though. Plus since you have the interest you probably do have the talent. It is mostly just practice.

Remember one student who was not an art major taking a basic drawing class. Poor guy stuggled, but really did well. I am pretty sure the teachers take into account ability level.

Another choice is adult night school. The classes are usually taught by instructors anyway. Or someone who knows what they are talking about. It would be cheaper and won't affect your GPA if you are really that worried about it.

I loved all of my classes.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts