Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son is in the process of having extensive dental work done so I have bought him puddings and soups. The puddings and soups are disappearing but so are my spoons. Ds swears he's not throwing them away and I have checked his room. I am checking the trash now.

So I said to my dd, who waitresses, I need to go to the thrift shop and get some spoons, our spoons are dwindling. Dd says, "Ewwww, ones that people have already eaten off of?!"

Really?! She works at a restaurant! They use a dishwasher just like I do! She also eats out more than dh and I do so that adds to my confusion.

Anyone else ever had someone make an illogical statement like this to them?

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Spoke with someone who was saying they were not saving money. That they knew where there money went at the END of the month. That they did not want to make a monthly budget and that they preffered to be able to purchase something if they wanted it.

So why are they complaining about not being able to save any money?

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
My son is in the process of having extensive dental work done so I have bought him puddings and soups. The puddings and soups are disappearing but so are my spoons. Ds swears he's not throwing them away and I have checked his room. I am checking the trash now.

So I said to my dd, who waitresses, I need to go to the thrift shop and get some spoons, our spoons are dwindling. Dd says, "Ewwww, ones that people have already eaten off of?!"

Really?! She works at a restaurant! They use a dishwasher just like I do! She also eats out more than dh and I do so that adds to my confusion.

Anyone else ever had someone make an illogical statement like this to them?
it is one of life's mysteries -- where do the spoons go?

i live alone. huh.

one of the reasons i maintain a service for 16. and replace a place setting per year.

·
Registered
995 Posts
You say that you use a dishwasher.
Well maybe they went to the same place that socks go when they go into the clothes dryer.
I have a drawer FULL of orphan socks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm a preschool teacher, so I get comments like this all the time from my children at school. Sometimes they say the most hilarious things. I';ll have to pay attention today at work and bring back some examples.

Reactions: HappyMama

·
Registered
7,850 Posts
I think there's a great galactic spoon conspiracy. I just bought some cheap spoons from Walmart to replace the MIA. I never lose forks, even when I take them to work. I never lose knives. I never lose, apparently, plastic spoons. But metal spoons - it's a great mystery. I live alone too. Where do they go? I suspect that someday archaeologists will discover a great cache of spoons and write learned papers on why we all kept them there.

As for illogical comments, my boss has made one of them, and is repeating it daily, but in the interests of job security, everyone will just have to wonder what it is. All I can say is that the whole staff is totally bewildered by the illogic of it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have gotten wow is that your daughter you must have had her when you were a teen. I am 31 she is 8. I said you know some of us have children and get married before we are 40. This is uncommon in my area to have children before you hit 30.

I have also gotten you shop at second hand stores you know other people have worn that stuff. Ummm really

When I had to have my DNC when I lost my last baby I had barely 24 hours to except and cope with this. After it the Dr came in and said why are you crying.

I always try and look at it this way, the speed of light is faster then the speed of sound that is why some people appear to be bright until they open there mouths.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
After I had my first son we had him baptized 2 weeks later and some idiot at Church asked me if I was pregant....
Well, technically you had been... ;)

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Then there's the church elder (83) who phones me up wanting to unload some magazines and children's books on me. And when I tell her I'll take the children's books to the church for other people who have kids, tears a strip off me for offering to do exactly what she had decided to do with them! Huh? :scratch:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts