Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DH was TDY in the states for a bit. He was in the midwest and the south. When he went to stores-even Walmart- he was flabergasted by the prices. My DH doesn't grocery shop so he's not really familiar with prices, but he noticed how expensive everything was in civilian stores.

I know there can be good deals in civilian grocery stores, but I think overall the commissary prices are pretty low.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I kept a price book for awhile, but I stopped because the commissary was cheaper than any place, even sale prices. I love the commissary.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
That's one of the stinky parts about being a Guard family near a base with no commissary.

Every once in awhile though, they have commissary lot sales and those are quite nice!

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
I really miss shopping at the commissary - the prices were so much better there! The closest one to us is about 100+ miles. :(

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
I heart our commissary. 90% of my grocery shopping is done there. The only things I don't get there are produce (it's usually just as expensive as WM or Price Chopper) and specialty things they don't sell at the commissary. I get those at Aldi or Price Chopper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts