Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I am going to sound so silly, but I am not the world's most computer oriented person. I sent my computer out to be updated and it is running beautifully, however, the taskbar or toolbar or whatever it is at the bottom is gone. You know the one that shows your open windows so you can go back and forth and has the start button? Does anyone know how to restore that?

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Can you take your cursor down to the bottom of the page & "drag" it back up?

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Also, what browser are you using? IE or FF or something else?

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dragging it up is not working -- I am using internet explorer.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
If you click "View" on your top toolbar, is the "Status Bar" checked off? If not, click it to make the checkmark show up.

Does that help?

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Is the top browser looking the same? You might try hitting the F11 key, then hitting it again. Hitting it once, will make all the browsers disappear. Hitting it twice will bring them back.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heather, I appreciate your time so much. Status bar IS checked off, I tried checking and unchecking with no change. F11 did not work.

Still no bar at the bottom.

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
well dag gum. I'm stumped lol.

Have you tried clearing your cookies & temporary internet files?

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THanks for the link -- I'll try this stuff.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh I am so sorry I posted this in the wrong place -- I did not even realize there was a computer section on here.

Heather, I appreciate all the suggestions, unfortunately none of the things on that website fixed it either. I'll bet it is something ridiculously easy, too.

SIGHHHHHHHHH. This is so frustrating.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi there, here’s some tips from my husband:

It sounds like the issue may be one of a couple things.

1.) Your task bar was dragged to another location and is set to auto hide
While that is possible it is not the most likely reason.

2.) This behavior can occur if the Windows settings for a particular user account are corrupted.

I did not see any reference to what OS (operating system) you’re using however try this,
Press CTRL and ESC this should cause the start menu to appear. If the task bar appears this will give us a starting point, if it does not appear then you may need to boot into safe mode with only a minimal amount of drivers and determine if the issue is related to a faulty device driver. OR Create a new user account. On a windows 9X /ME box the issue may be a corrupt registry key in which case you would want to take it to a technician to look at.
*****DISCLAIMER*****
The registry is a very dangerous place to play. Leave it to the professionals.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts