Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else ever been confused about what their goals should be? I mean I see possibilities and opportunity everywhere. My problem is one of freezing in indecision and not having the financial wherewithal to accomplish them.

And once I *do* make a decision and put my money where my mouth is, then I have the issue of following through and not becoming bored with the project...in short, staying focused and motivated.

Anyone else like this? How do you handle it?

·
8,714 Posts
~I think you touched of one of my big obstacles, which is lack of immediate results. Something that helps me is to have a long term goal, say saving $10,000 by whatever date and a short term goal, say using less than 700KW of electricity a month. It's much easier to stay motivated in the long term goal when you accomplish short term goals.

·
Registered
16,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm...good point. I have some big projects on the go right now that I'm ignoring. Perhaps I need to break them into smaller steps. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I agree. When I set a big goal; like getting all my ccs paid off by December '07, for example, I break it into mini-goals of how much I challenge myself to save a month and then a goal of paying the first cc, etc. This helps keep me motivated.

I find that when I write down my goals and then make steps (mini-goals) to accomplishing them, I am much more likely to follow through.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
I do as what the most others seem to do .... take one big goal and break it down into baby steps. Generally this does work but Ive been procrastinating, alot :(

Id rather feel more mini accomplishments vs one big one - though the one big one is quite rewarding itself!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts