Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ~ its no secret here that I'm fairly conservative politically speaking. But I don't necessarily identify with the Republican Party. I will vote for McCain this go 'round because there is a small (very very small) chance that he is moderate enough to take my state, and if WA can go "red" ~ well, I'll just throw a big ole party! :)

Any others????

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
I'm in this kith. I love me some John McCain. Wesley and I met him at a caucus event and got our pic taken and made it to Fox News. Wesley still asks about "JOHN MCCAIN!!!!!!!!!!!"

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in this kith. I love me some John McCain. Wesley and I met him at a caucus event and got our pic taken and made it to Fox News. Wesley still asks about "JOHN MCCAIN!!!!!!!!!!!"
I love it! Ben can identify George W. Bush, John McCain and Obama by name when he sees their pictures. If you ask him why we don't want Obama to be President he says "because he wants to take all of my Daddy's money!"

·
Registered
513 Posts
I would definitely fall into this group. My husband would love your sons answer about Obama.

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Dunno if I belong here or not. I'm often in line with Grass Roots conservatives on economic matters, but not on religious ones. I'm definitely NOT in line with "Conservatives" on Capitol Hill.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I usually vote Republican but am a card carrying Constitution Party member so that's pretty darn right wing.
Will probably vote 3rd party this time around. I don't care for McCain ( way too liberal) and I would never consider voting for Obama. In general though I vote Republican.
I would have loved to cast a vote for Huckabee. He did great in my state initally. Just don't think I'll be able to bring myself to vote for McCain.I'm mostly conservative on issues of gun rights( don't believe in any oversight on that), homeschool rights ( don't believe we should have standardized testing or any notification laws etc), states rights issue is something the Republican party really doesn't champion the way it ought to. Foreign policy wise though I tend to agree more with the Republican party than my party which has a fairly isolationist view of things, I just don't agree with that.
There are many reasons I'm conservative I guess. Upbringing/ The area I'm from probably plays a big part in anyone's political stances and I'm sure I'm no excpetion.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I would fall into this Kith. I vote Republician because are views are about the same. I would LOVE to find a more conservative person to be running for the White House, but I will vote McCain.

My daughter also knows about politics. We listen to Rush Limbaugh and talk radio ALL the time! She also LOVES Dave Ramsey

T

·
0 Posts
I'm here too. Waramama (not sure if I'm spelling it right) mentioned a book called "Crunchy Cons" in her blog about a year ago, and it's kind of the same idea. That conservatives should actually be people who like to CONSERVE things :)

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm here too. Waramama (not sure if I'm spelling it right) mentioned a book called "Crunchy Cons" in her blog about a year ago, and it's kind of the same idea. That conservatives should actually be people who like to CONSERVE things :)
We have that book! But I havne't finished reading it yet. I've also read a great book called "Conservatize Me" ~ its written by a liberal talk radio host in Seattle. He basically got tired of listening to liberals whine about everything that's wrong, but not having any answers. He noticed that conservatives actually argue points ~ instead of whining (this coming from a liberal). So he set off on a year long quest to completely immerse himself in conservative culture (he even started listening to Toby Keith) :D

Here is the Amazon page about the book

·
Registered
787 Posts
i fit here too!

there are some issuse's that i don't completley agree with the republican party on, but for the most part, i do.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
I'm in this kith. Extremely fiscally conservative, but a little less so on the social issues. I'm been in love with McCain since the 2000 election. If he chooses Romney as his running mate, I just might wet myself with excitement.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I am also waiting to see who they pick for running mates. I will not vote for Obama no matter who he chooses. But if McCain picks someone really good it will make me feel better for voting for him.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm definitely in this kith. I don't vote party, but I lean strongly toward the Republicans. I'll go with McCain because Obama is definitely scary! It would be wonderful if McCain got someone like Huckabee to go as his running mate, though. He needs a more conservative balance.

Reactions: Luv2BeFrugal

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
The Republicans haven't been truly conservative for a long time.

Reactions: Luv2BeFrugal

·
Unix Ninja
3,209 Posts
Dunno if I belong here or not. I'm often in line with Grass Roots conservatives on economic matters, but not on religious ones. I'm definitely NOT in line with "Conservatives" on Capitol Hill.

Come to my kith! :p
Libertarian...

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
At the risk of violating the kith forum rules, I don't hold with Libertarian either - while we have common goals, the foundation of Libertarianism is pretty much anything goes if it doesn't hurt anyone else.

While I hold that, while it is by no means Government's job to tell us HOW to live, we should still all chose to live long term, and that means not living a hedonistic lifestyle of whatever feels good.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
At the risk of violating the kith forum rules, I don't hold with Libertarian either - while we have common goals, the foundation of Libertarianism is pretty much anything goes if it doesn't hurt anyone else.

While I hold that, while it is by no means Government's job to tell us HOW to live, we should still all chose to live long term, and that means not living a hedonistic lifestyle of whatever feels good.
I think Libertarianism is just like any other party at this point....what they stand for depends on which party member you are talking to. That's why I usually just steer clear of the labels, I don't fit into any one category.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts