Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am tired all of the time. It doesn't matter what I do; it's there no matter what. I could get 9 hours of sleep and be tired. I could get 7 hours of sleep and be tired. I could get 13 hours of sleep and still, tired and sluggish. I drink plenty of fluids and I'm active around the house. I eat a decent diet but still, nothing. I noticed I wasn't tired when I was drinking 64oz of mango juice a day.

Can that really be the factor?

Well, we ran out of mango juice finally and that's when the exhaustion came back. I can't stomach 8 8oz glasses of water a day, though, so I'd have to find an alternative.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
61 Posts
schedule a physical complete with bloodwork.

In the meantime, I'd drink a gallon of water a day and start taking vitamins and go for a brisk walk every day.

·
2,688 Posts
My suggestion is to ask the doctor if it might be sleep apnea.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I ditto the thyroid check. I was depressed, tired and having a hard time just getting around found out that my thyroid was barely functioning. My meds had stopped working so I was taken off and put on a different dose. 24 hours later I felt human again!

·
Registered
841 Posts
You need to see a doctor ASAP.....this can be a sign of many different problems, diabetes, thyroid, CFS,apnea all kinds of things. Please see your doctor and the sooner the better......

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Go to the doctor!!! Let us know what he says. I hope everything turns out all right for you. :hugz:

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Are you anemic by any chance? I agree w/the others...call your Dr. and ask to have blood work to rule out anemia, thyroid issues, etc.

Hope you feel better soon. :hugz:

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Go to the dr. and have blood work done. It could be hypothyroidism (under active thyroid). My hair doesn't fall out but I have hypothyroidism. Honestly, I'm still tired quite a bit, but I can focus, and I generally feel better taking the Synthroid.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I agree with going to see the doctor. I was diagnosed as being diabetic in Feb. The two symptoms I had would have been being constantly tired and going pee alot. For months I thought those issues were because I was running on a min. of 3 hours of sleep a night, too many late nights doing homework and studying, then up at 5 to get kids up and out the door for school. Then drinking approx. 4 pots of coffee to stay awake during the day with my 4 year old and take care of everything else that needed done around the house.

·
Registered
10,352 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I agree with everyone else - go see your doctor. My first thought was that you were getting alot of sugar in that mango juice, now you aren't. Also, I get tired and sluggish during late winter & early spring. Then when the sun starts shining I feel ALOT better. It might be SAD - seasonal affective disorder. Sunshine really helps my tiredness, sluggishness and my whole outlook on life.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
ditto what everyone esle said. anemia, lack of b-12, lack of vitamin D, not eating right, no exercise, low thyroid, diabetes, etc.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks everyone. :)

I'm going to the doctor Monday. It's been ongoing for quite a few years and I just thought it was exhaustion from having babies. My oldest was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism when they diagnosed him with autism, and people in my family have always had problems with blood sugar and fatigue and the like. I thought it was anemia because Mother Nature decided to make her stop this week, but it also happens after that's done and gone. We also eat a lot of high energy foods, but that's not helping.

We also have some people in my family with diabetes, so I'm hoping it's not on that calibre.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
There are so many causes of fatigue and they are serious symptoms. I'm glad you are getting checked out, instead of just wondering. I'm pretty energetic, yet found that I had a B12 deficiency, and had to get shots. So it pays to see the doctor.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.