Frugal Village Forums banner

Consumer Credit Counseling

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  mea772 
#1 ·
Use them or not???

I know they can really help people in need. I know what they are about and what they do but I wonder if I should use them or try it on my own.

Okay, some background on me

1) We are struggling really bad right now

2) I have a truck lease payment that is 62 days behind (I don't think so and the mgr can't figure it out either but they say we are). I promised to make a payment this week...they said it wasn't good enough...they want a double payment or they might work on taking our truck.

3) I was behind on my house so I made a payment early this month and they want another on the 30th...then of course another the beginning of October...we can't afford that many payments that close together!

4) We have too many credit cards...I get mixed up and I forget to pay some...even with them written down I forget to look

5) We have been really trying to save nickles and dimes the last couple of weeks. We have written down a budget, kind of...more like we know what we need to do but I have no idea on how to get started! I feel if I could pay up to date on my bills I can do it because then I know exactly what the amount due each month is and a regular due date...now it seems we are paying whatever whenever.

6) I am exhausted...from working late and then not getting enough sleep. I am feeling so overwhelmed and I can't think straight anymore. I know something is being paid automatically in my account and then we forget it and boom...there are more nsf's on my account...now just for more info....we havent' seen nsf on our checking account in years and years and now we have seen way too many the last few wks!

Anyways, if you are confused as to what I am asking...I need your opinion....our credit is shot right now...should I keep plugging along the way I have been and hope this full time job comes along soon or do you think I should go thru CCCS and get everything into one payment.

See less See more
#6 ·
We are also doing CCCS, have been for the last year (check my signature for the dent we've made in a year!). There are a couple of threads about the pros & cons out there. Just do a search on the forums for CCCS

:)

#7 ·
asdf

CCCS may be the way for you to go however if you're having trouble with an automatic withdrawal (what kind of payment is that, btw??) then you have to realize a CCCS will probably go that route too..

What you should do first is try and get everything listed so you know where you are before contacting CCCS. List all your debts, interest rates, minimum payments, and approximate due dates.

Consider selling things that are just sitting around if possible.

When you get your debts all listed try and make a payment plan with each of your creditors... give your monthly budget and how many other debts you have.

You may be able to get them to cut the interest rates. If you can -- more power to you.. if not.. contact the CCCS and see what they can do for you.

#8 ·
I love Chocolate - The lady here said that the creditors pay them but not like they used to. Now there is a $20 a month fee I believe. I would imagine that they could not use CCCS as part of their name if it wasn't a true CCCS, could they?

YankeeMom, over $23,000 in 1 year!!! :bowing:

Preston, we have everything on paper. We tried to remember to write them on the calendar and I already had an appt with CCCS and discussed some options. The thing is...I am so overwhelmed with having to pay so many bills each month...I can't think straight and then I make mistakes. This way, if I go with CCCS, I will still have some bills to pay but instead of paying for 8 credit card bills, I will only be paying 1 payment to CCCS and they can dispurse it between all my credit cards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.