Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever been contacted from a loved one, or simply someone you have had a relationship with at or after then time of death? I know, your saying Oh boy, here we go again...........right. Well I never beleived in that sort of thing either before an experience I had.
So now I know there is something that goes beyond the normal thinking of, when your dead, your dirt theory, or when you die you lose all contact with the living. That is just not always the case. I am not saying that I beleive in ghosts, just that on occasion the dead or dying, can effect the living in ways we do not understand.
The below story is true, and to this day I could not explain how it happened!

In the early 90's, I went to Battle Creek Michigan to work on a large construction project for a major cereal company. I had just decided to divorce my first wife because she was becoming an alcoholic, and after trying to get her to stop drinking for 5 years, I had given up.
After being on the project for around 6 months, I started to become friend with a lady named Becky. She was our Admin in my office, and was amazingly beautiful and exotic looking.
We started out just keeping it as friends, because I was going through a divorce, and she had been through a very bad relationship 2 years before that, and basically had given up on men and serious relationships.
We went out for dinner occasionally, went to the movies, and basically became best friends very quickly. Tha attracton between us was obvious, but we had both been so hurt by previous relationships, we were in no hurry at first to become involved, so we just took it slow.
We were just so happy to be friends, and could basically talk forever sharing our feeling on things, and of course joking and being silly. Sometimes the time would get away from us, and it would get so late, that i would sleep on her couch instead of going to my apartment.
Well my divorce finalized right after Christmas, and becky invited me to a new Years party to celebrate new Years, and my freedom. I was home in Oklahoma over the Christmas holiday, so we couldn't spend Christmas together, so by the time I returned to Battle Creek, I could think of nothing but getting back to see her. As I was driving back, I realized that she was the women I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, and I was hoping she felt the same.
I think I was almost afraid to tell her how I felt, because if she didn't feel the same, I did not know how I would take it, so I just held back, and waited for a sign or something that would tell me that she felt the same.
It was New Years Eve, and I picked he up for the party, and to make a long story short, our love for each other hit us both like a freight train that night.
So within another 6 months, we were talking about getting married and basicall making plans for a beautiful life ahead!
We were so in love, that I realized I never really knew what love was until I met Becky. It was the most beautiful intense thing I had ever experienced. I bought her roses twice a week because they were her favorite flower, and they made her so happy, she would just light up the house everytime I brought her roses.
Then one evening we were just sitting around and talking, she looked at me very seriously and told me that she had a lump on her shoulder close to her neck, and she was afraid it was cancerous. I felt of the lump and said naaaaaa, it's just a cyst or something, and the doctor will just remove it and that's it, no problem. I think it made her fell alittle better, but she still had doubts. She had the lump removed and it was sent off for testing.
Around a week later, Becky called me at my desk, and told me that the lump was malignent, and is the kind of cancer that had probably mastestisized from another location. She was so scared, and I was very freaked out as well.
Within another 2 weeks of testing, she was classified as terminal by her doctor, and was scheduled for radiation therapy.
This whole thing was so aweful, all I knew to do was be strong for her, and keep telling her that somehow everything would be OK.
She began radiation treatments, and before long her hair began falling out, and she was getting weak, and frail.
She sat me down one night, and told me that it was time for me to move on. That she did not want me to watch her dwither away, and she told me that she could tell that it was killing me just trying to deal with it all. She told me that I was a traveler, and my company and my job depended on my ability to go to wherever the project was, and that she could not go with me. She wanted me to go on with life, and meet somebody else that was healthy. She loved me so much, that she was willing to give me up and die alone. Of course I refused and told her that I would never leave her, done deal. Over the next 2 weeks she was relentless in convincing me to go to the next project, because she knew that the Battle Creek project was over. She knew there was no work there for me, and my company would probably terminate me if I didn't go to my next assignment.
She finally convinced me to move on even though I didn't want to. Leaving her was the hrdest thing I have ever done, and to this very day, I feel so guilty, and will never get over the guilt.
So I moved on, and within a year, had met another lady and had fallen in love. Even though I thought of Becky every day, I was learning how to be happy again, and was finally over the extreme guilt.
One night when I was sound asleep around midnight, it happened. I heard her voice scream my name and it was right in my left ear. I jumped and sat straight up, and was sweating like I had been running a marathon. I could smell her perfume, and could still hear her voice, and I felt fear, and desparity in the air. I swear it was the weirdest thing I have ever experienced. There was no doubt it was her, it was her voice, and her perfume. I finally laid back down, and after a while I went back to sleep.
The next morning I was sitting in my office, and Judy, a friend of Becky's called me. When I answered the phone, she told me that Becky had died last night, right at midnight!
I sat there for hours with the hair standing up on my neck, thinking about all that happened, and how there is no way it could have been a coincidense. I cried over her death, the love of my life, and thought of her the rest of the day. I felt like part of me had died, and would never return.
She just wanted me to know that she was moving on!

Have you ever had an experience like this? If so, I would love to hear your story, because not a day goes by, that I dont think of her, and her last message!

·
Registered
379 Posts
((mr. Fixit))

Yes...my mother called my house weeks after she died..so I understand that this probably DID happen.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
My very best childhood friend was killed by a drunk driver when we were in our 20s. A few weeks later she came to me in a dream and told me how happy she was and she was safe and at peace.

·
Registered
352 Posts
My grandpa had cancer and was dying while I was very pregnant and on bed rest in another state. I couldn't get there to see him. He died on a Tuesday and my daughter was born the next Thursday. Had he lived we were going to visit ASAP, but we knew he probably wouldn't make it. I felt so badly that I didn't get to see him one last time. Once I was home from the hospital I had the most vivid dream I've ever had. I was sitting at my grandma's kitchen table and my grandpa came up the stairs- I heard ever noise the stairs make and even smelled every smell of my grandparent's house. My grandpa walked in and I told him I had a baby and he told me a few messages about my other kids. I gave him a hug and then he was gone. It was a gift. My good-bye. :)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So we have 3 cases of where we were contacted in dreams. It makes sense that we would be more succeptable to a message from beyond in our dreams, well, at least to me!
I had a very vivid dream right after my mom dies, but I dont know if that was just me thinking about her, or she was contacting me. The thing with Becky, was my dream coincided with her passing, which tells me that something supernatural was definately going on. So maybe that just proves that when we are contacted in our dreams, they are more than a dream, but most of us dont realize it!

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have been contacted by my brother on and off since he died when I was 6. It is usually when I need him the most. My mom's best friend died when I was in my late teens and in my dream I was walking at night through a park and sat down on a bench and she sat text to me and had some advice for me.

·
Registered
469 Posts
My grandmother came to me in a dream to tell me I was having a baby girl a couple of weeks before I found out I was even pregnant. Months later, her sister my great aunt Millie came to tell me the results of my amnio were fine and she didn't want me to worry. I asked her where my grandmother was and she said she had to go see my sister first. If that wasn't strange enough, when I called my mom in the morning to tell her about the dream, she told me my sister had been rushed to the hospital with appendicitis. My sister really did need her more at that moment!

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
So we have 3 cases of where we were contacted in dreams.
What you know you have is three cases where you dreamed you were contacted. That's not exactly the same thing.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
My father in law passed away on dec 8 I was out grocery shopping with my youngest son who was almost 3 at the time. My father in law had this thing about saying goodbye and my son being so young was not at the hospital when he passed away Well It was christmas eve day at 7 am in the morning the parking lot of the supermarket was deserted I was loading bags of groceries into my van when an older man came around the van seemingly out of nowhere he was dressed old fashioned and when I saw his face I was struck at how his eyes reminded me of my father in law . He started loading the rest of my groceries in the van I tried to stop him as he was an old man but he kept on He did not speak a word to me when he was done he leaned down to my son took his face into his hands just like my father in law used to do. He said Merry christmas kissed him on the cheek and said goodbye and just like that he was gone I said to my son who was just a toddler Manny who was that? He smiled and said My grandpa . and as quickly as he appeared he was gone I know that was my father in law saying goodbye to my sone

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What you know you have is three cases where you dreamed you were contacted. That's not exactly the same thing.
Could be Greebo, I wont claim to know what was really going on in other peoples dreams or contacts. But based on what happened to me, there seems to be a indication that when we are asleep, we are more easily contacted from the beyond.
I am pretty sure that if I had been awake, I would have not heard Becky's voice, or smelled her perfume at almost the exact moment she died. I also feel that considering the timing, it was not a coincidence!
That is all I know!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
This scares me, because i have been Invited by my mother on many occasions to be where she is at. I pray that she is in heaven. But I'm just not ready to go. I lost my mom in 2010. I started having these dreams 6 months ago. I'm sure it's because i have been sick or is it?

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Could be Greebo, I wont claim to know what was really going on in other peoples dreams or contacts. But based on what happened to me, there seems to be a indication that when we are asleep, we are more easily contacted from the beyond.
I am pretty sure that if I had been awake, I would have not heard Becky's voice, or smelled her perfume at almost the exact moment she died. I also feel that considering the timing, it was not a coincidence!
That is all I know!
Probably not - because when you are asleep, your subconscious mind generates all kinds of interesting images and concepts, and they can seem quite real after the fact.

If you've ever had only ONE OTHER genuinely real seeming dream that you know didn't actually happen, then you have to admit the possibility that your encounter was of that nature, and not some supernatural encounter.

Does this mean we can prove you didn't have a supernatural encounter? No. But the inability to prove a negative is not proof of the positive, nor does it lend credibility to the positive.

Example: I can't prove that there isn't an intangible purple skydragon that's invisible, and that nobody can touch or see or perceive in any way, nor can I prove that this skydragon isn't being controlled by super aliens from the planet grignock.

Since I can't prove it, does that mean we have to accept that its possible that there IS an invisible purple skydragon that nobody can perceive in any way, being controlled by Grignockians?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
A few weeks after my Dad died I had a very vivid dream of seeing him at some kind of carnival. He was a ways away from me and I started to walk towards him and he looked at me and started walking away from me. I followed him, desperately trying to catch him but I couldn't. I kept trying and just as I got to him he turned, shook his head at me and then walked off, I couldn't move towards him again. Then all of a sudden he was beside me and he whispered in my ear that he was ok, that it was time for me to let him go and stop being so upset that he was gone. He told me again that he was ok, to take care of Mom and that he would see me again one day. I woke up feeling at peace for the first time since he had died!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Probably not - because when you are asleep, your subconscious mind generates all kinds of interesting images and concepts, and they can seem quite real after the fact.

If you've ever had only ONE OTHER genuinely real seeming dream that you know didn't actually happen, then you have to admit the possibility that your encounter was of that nature, and not some supernatural encounter.

Does this mean we can prove you didn't have a supernatural encounter? No. But the inability to prove a negative is not proof of the positive, nor does it lend credibility to the positive.

Example: I can't prove that there isn't an intangible purple skydragon that's invisible, and that nobody can touch or see or perceive in any way, nor can I prove that this skydragon isn't being controlled by super aliens from the planet grignock.

Since I can't prove it, does that mean we have to accept that its possible that there IS an invisible purple skydragon that nobody can perceive in any way, being controlled by Grignockians?
Well thanks Greebo, now I'm so confused, that I'm not positive that it wasn't a negative experience, or even sure that it was a positive message. But I am positive that she would have never done anything negative to me when I was dreaming.

Whew:scratch: We'll discuss it tomorrow okay!

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I was just reading this thread and thinking "oh wow creepy stuff" and then I saw your avatar and I was all "and greebo's about to poop on it." :laugh:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I can't see Mr Fixit's posts so I'm not sure what this is about.... but I love yours, Nishu! OMG LOL!!
Haha. I've been laughing about it since I typed it. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
It's never happened to me. That could be because either it doesn't actually happen, or I don't believe in it enough to be receptive. I guess there could be a third reason, which is simply people don't want to talk to me once they're dead.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Aw dangit, I see we can't nominate responses to posts but if I could, I would nominate your post, Nishu!!! hahahaaaa
Haha, thanks for the thought, anyway.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts