Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Thanks, for the link. I do some container gardening with companion gardening like putting carrots with tomatoes. I also have my strawberries in hanging baskets, mostly to keep the snails and slugs from eating them.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Thanks for the link. All I have is a balcony and I've been thinking about trying a tomatoe plant this spring.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Also thanks for the link. My mom and I had our garden destroyed this year by ground hogs. Let me rephrase that our cabbage, beans, broccoli and peas were destroyed by ground hogs. This year we are going to try container gardening for these plants and put either a fence around the containers or if we can find old benches put them up high and hopefully they will keep out them varmants. All I can say is they better be glad neither of us has the guts to shoot 'em.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Also thanks for the link. My mom and I had our garden destroyed this year by ground hogs. Let me rephrase that our cabbage, beans, broccoli and peas were destroyed by ground hogs. This year we are going to try container gardening for these plants and put either a fence around the containers or if we can find old benches put them up high and hopefully they will keep out them varmants. All I can say is they better be glad neither of us has the guts to shoot 'em.
You might want to take a look at the posts under the hunters kith- I guess ground hogs taste like pot roast.LOL

·
4,028 Posts
I haven't had much luck with container gardening, but a friend of mine suggested Earthboxes. She has 2 and had a bumper crop of tomatoes and cucumbers. Has anyone else heard of these or have seen them?

http://www.earthbox.com/

Oh, she also got them for about 35 dollars. That makes a big difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts