Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have one? Use one? Like it? Love it?

We recently just got a new range that has the convection oven and I am afraid to try it, any suggestions? Don'ts?

TIA

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
You dont use it any differently than a regular oven. Just cook everything on the lowest suggested cooking time. Your bakeing will come out so much nicer , you are going to love it. Nothing to be afraid of.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much!

More questions (I have googled but I would like to *talk* to someone that actually uses it) Is it basically just for baking then or can you cook roasts or chickens etc in it

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I just cooking everything that way. Meats and all.
Your meats when be juicy on the inside and crisper on the outside.
It makes wonderful pie crusts and Your turkeys will never be better.

Didnt you get a manual? My convection isnt optional its just always on.
A convection cooks by moving the air around in the oven so that you get more even temp .

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do have a manual, I was curious about how people liked it. I have the option of conventional or convection which was a plus when I bought the range, it also has a waming drawer and a 5 burner that has it's own griddle

Thank you so much AnnK, I am definitely going to play with it this weekend

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I received one for Christmas and have to confess I am a little intimidated by it. I have used the toast part but was thinking on baking my loaves of bread in it. But the manual isn't very clear on baking breads. So this week I shall break down and give it a try.
Barb

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
They are so nice. I had a microwave/convection oven. Used it for years .
It was so much better than using the propane. It did not raise my electric bill.
You will use it more than the regular one

1 - 7 of 7 Posts