Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any have any experience with convergys? I applied for the local work at home position. I tested through and just had my first phone interview. I have a second today at 12:30... if all goes well I start training on Thursday.

However, has anyone had any experience with them? working on site, or at home? any feedback is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well, I know no one has replied but I got the job! I am very excited. It pays pretty well and since I have been out of work for 2 years... I am very excited!

If anyone has any advice on this company still please let me know!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I worked for Convergys for a couple of years as a CSR trainer - we ran an inbound call center for AT&T. I would say it's a good company, my only complaint is that they don't give references. No complaints about the job though.

Congratulations!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I worked for Convergys. They are a very reputable company. They were just beginning the "work-from-home" project when I got a different job. It's a very large multinationaly company so you don't have to worry about the whole thing being a scam. I know that is a worry with work-from-home scenarios.

I did not enjoy the micro-management aspects of the job, however. All calls are recorded and a percentage of them are scored. I kept getting points marked off for not being "empathetic" enough. When someone would call and be upset that their cell phone was turned off because they didn't pay the bill, I simply asked if they'd like to make a payment - we were supposed to apologize for the inconvenience, etc., and I kept forgetting.:D If you are more patient than I am (not difficult!!!) you should do just fine.

Congratulations!!!

Reactions: chevy_chick95

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
i applied awhile ago, but my computer didn't pass the prerequisites.

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
How do you apply? What does it involve?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Niko- There was actually an ad on our local channel. check convergys/careers and see if there is WAHP in your area. you have to live 35 miles from a site. i found this helpful site. everything is true

Reactions: NikoSan999
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.