Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to a fellow FV poster I was drooling over Alton Brown’s Overnight Oatmeal and stumbled onto the next recipe…Whole Grain Breakfast Porridge Rice Cooker Recipe (rice cooker overnight soak and 1 hr cook time in AM).

I don’t own a rice cooker and was wondering what peeps thoughts were if I were to make the Whole Grain Breakfast Porridge exactly as the recipe states BUT use my slow cooker on LOW for 9 hours?
It sounds soooooooo good and I really want to try it but I don’t want to waste food or the money because I didn’t cook it properly!!!!

·
Registered
10,999 Posts
The grains mentioned in the recipe should all be cooked if left overnight on low. The only thing I can think of is that the wild rice might be overcooked and mushy, as after 50 minutes in the original recipe wild rice is still kind of chewy, but I don't see that it will be a huge difference, just a slight texture change.

Reactions: momof2boys2005
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.