Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just started cooking chicken. I can find many recipes for chicken but not one for plain baked chicken breast. I find tons of recipes for a casserole - stir fry - stuffed chicken breast.

Can anyone tell me a good temp and amount of time to bake.

I baked 3 chicken breast in the oven tonight at 375 for 45 minutes and they were rubbery.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Rubbery as in too cooked or not cooked enough?

I usually cook mine at 350 for about 35-40 minutes and it usually just about right.

As far as recipes I don't have any of those for ya, but I will look>

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I usually do 350 for about 50-60 mins just depending on how thick they are. There is nothing more terrible than cutting into a piece of chicken and seeing blood :puke: .

I am still in shock that you are eating chicken, I thought you were a firm "nothing with feathers" girl, LOL.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
i posted a reciept for home made shake and bake and i also put my breast in marinades and bake..look in this site and on the web

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks bunches to each of you - and yes sis I have had a hard time getting past the feathers. But desperate times call for desperate measures.
The older I get the more the old saying 'moment on the lips forever on the hips' isn't just an old saying! LOL

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
You can also dump chicken breasts into your crockpot and cook on high for a couple of hours (depending on thickness).

Or put them on low, add fat-free Italian salad dressing, and cook 6-8 hours.... they come out very tender and yummy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts