Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I have never heard of that, when we camp we always soaked the corn with the husk still on and then cooked it in the fire, peeling off the husk after it was cooked.

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
Wow, I'd never heard of that one either! Sounds like a ('scuse the pun) cool way to do it! :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
That is really "cool", had never heard of that, here is another one I had never heard of and would like to try when you cook corn and want to get all the silk off. i cant post the site b/c i'm new but if you look on youtube for shucking corn clean ears everytime you'll find it

·
Super Moderator
19,916 Posts
I shudder to think of the toxins released into the food by heating up plastics that were never intended to be heated. Cool idea, but no thank you.

Besides, I wouldn't want to warp a perfectly good cooler putting hot water into it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I shudder to think of the toxins released into the food by heating up plastics that were never intended to be heated. Cool idea, but no thank you.

Besides, I wouldn't want to warp a perfectly good cooler putting hot water into it.
That is exactly what i was thinking when watching video.. way cool though but nope...

·
Registered
649 Posts
We never used a cooler to cook corn, but when the cooler is done we put the wrapped corn into a cooler to keep hot, with no side affects, but I don't know about putting boiling water in it.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
doesn't work. ive tried it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts