Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never had Jack in the Box tacos, but no matter. I'm going to take an afternoon and make up a hundred or so of these and pop them in the freezer to cook from frozen state. I'll secure with a toothpick to keep from opening. It's easy to see from reading this recipe that my family will love these. I may just use more beans then the recipe states to stretch it even further. I can get huge stacks of corn tortillas for a $1 at the Hispanic mart & 2 lbs of pinto beans for $1.

Copycat Jack In The Box Taco : The Secret Recipe Blog

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL! Last I checked it was low.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Jack in the Box tacos are right up there at the top of my favorite food list. But, sadly, I only eat them every few years :( However, I do know there isn't even a resemblance of a bean in these tacos, refried or otherwise. I'd say this recipe will not be a clone at all and wouldn't waste my time trying!

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since I've never had a Jack in the box taco I won't know the difference. LOL. I'm positive my guys will like them, they like anything that remotely resembles Mexican food.

But thanks, if I were really looking for a taco that was like JITB this would be good to know. :)

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Jack in the Box tacos are similar to Burger King tacos. I wouldn't eat either again. Awful, awful foods.

If you want to make tacos for freezing, go for it with your own style. Emulating JITB or BK isn't the way to go.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
the process seems easy enough, I think the kids would love it if i gave the recipe a try next taco nite.

Reactions: pollypurebred39
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.