1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Cool... Thanks! :)

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
That's a neat site....my favourite part - the can opener that costs .01 a month to operate. OK, so that's only a penny, but hey, I didn't know that I could get paid for opening cans! That's the whole idea, what can you do just a easily by hand or homemade or scratch that saves money. Yes, it's only a penny, but a penny here, a quarter or a dollar there begins to make a diff.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Thanks I bookmarked the website so I can refer back to it many times plus I will have my husband read it too.:toss:

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
This is full of useful information. There were a few surprises. I did not expect the dishwasher to be so high, but I rarely use mine, so I felt I deserved a pat on the back. On the other hand, the dryer was considerably less than I expected. Mine was bought used, and I have no idea what the wattage is, so I can't compare, but maybe I'm not wrecking the budget quite as much as I thought when I use it. And I was surprised at how little the electric skillet was. Better use it more!

·
Registered
127 Posts
This is full of useful information. There were a few surprises. I did not expect the dishwasher to be so high, but I rarely use mine, so I felt I deserved a pat on the back. On the other hand, the dryer was considerably less than I expected. Mine was bought used, and I have no idea what the wattage is, so I can't compare, but maybe I'm not wrecking the budget quite as much as I thought when I use it. And I was surprised at how little the electric skillet was. Better use it more!
I thought the dishwasher was actually surprisingly LOW, considering that is the monthly total for running it once daily:

Washing: 44 cents
Drying: $1.91
Water heating: 96 cents
TOTAL: $3.31

We don't do the drying, so including heating the water, it only costs $1.40 per month to run.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts