Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dylan is on his way to the emerg. right now. DH is taking him and I am staying with ds#1 and dd. He has broken his collar bone and is in such pain. We were out by the pool and the boys were out front playing (horsing around) with some friends, one of them landed on Dylan and that was that.

It hurts terribly to see your child in so much pain when all you want to do is fix it right away and make it all better.

If you could spare a prayer I would appreciate it SO much! :smball:

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Heather, please know I will be saying a prayer for Dylan. I am sorry to hear of his injury. I will also say a prayer for you.

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
I'll say a prayer for Dylan.Let us know how's he's doing.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Prayers & a speedy recovery for your son, & :hugz: too.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
How is Dylan today? Hope the pain is not too bad.

Keeping you and Dylan in my thoughts and prayers.

·
27,948 Posts
How's Dylan doing Heather? Gentle hug to him and a big hug to you.:)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Oh no, Heather! :(

I hope Dylan is ok...How did it go at the emergency room? How is he doing? I'll be saying a prayer for him.:angel:

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Hugs :grouphug: and prayers for Dylan! I know what you mean seeing the kids in pain. Make me cry with them!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Heather~what did the doctor do to Dylan last night? I hope the pain has gotten better.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I'm sorry I am so late seeing this........ I hope Dylan is OK, I will say a prayer for him !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
sending prayers and speedy recovery thoughts for Dylan and huge hugs for you.

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Heather, I'm so sorry, I shut my computer down early last night so I'm seeing this late. I'm praying for Dylan.

Please let us know how he is doing. Is he still in a lot of pain?

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you so much everyone for your prayers and concerns........Dylan and DH came home last night from emerg with no xray done and no pain medication given to Dylan!! We couldn't believe it.....there was no xray technician on last night and they said to just give him Tylenol when they got home. DH and Dylan are back in at the hospital right now getting the xray taken.........the doctor last night said yes definitely the collar bone is broken and she was wondering about his shoulder being fractured. DH and Dylan left 2 hours ago and I have not heard anything yet.

I just can't understand why they wouldn't call someone in to xray and above all things why not give him pain medication, he was in terrible pain!! You must realize this is a mom talking and can't bear to see her baby in pain ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They just drove in and no broken shoulder, just collar bone, he is to stay still (tell a 13 year old boy that!:eek: ) and see family dr. in 10 days oh have lots of calcium and protein.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
That is just not believable! They could have at least eased the childs pain!
Heather I would be upset too! i am upset and hes not even mine!
I hope the AM dr takes better care of him!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I am sending prayers for Dylan's speedy recovery. I am just shocked and disgusted that they would not call a radiology tech in to shoot an Xray. They should be ashamed of themselves.:mad: Is there a patient advocate that you could talk to at the hospital to let them know how disappointed you are in the care that DS got?

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Saying a prayer for Dylan's quick and complete recovery right now. I just can't believe how insane some hospitals are. I hope they find competent and caring staff today. Hang in there.

pat

·
27,948 Posts
Katybird said:
I am sending prayers for Dylan's speedy recovery. I am just shocked and disgusted that they would not call a radiology tech in to shoot an Xray. They should be ashamed of themselves.:mad: Is there a patient advocate that you could talk to at the hospital to let them know how disappointed you are in the care that DS got?
I agree! :mad: I hope he's being taken care of properly today.

Poor guy and you too as his parent. :hugz: Let us know how he's doing OK?

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks again ladies, I showed Dylan earlier all your hugs and prayers and he is just tickled, he wants to find on the map where you all are!!:)

Dylan is sleeping now and I am hoping that with the pain medication and having him laying still that he WILL sleep alot so the first few days will pass quickly for him. Dylan has a paper route he does each morning.....he says to me earlier, "Do you think I can still deliver my papers?" I think not!!!!:eek: His older brother is right in there volunteering, he can see the $$$ signs.

I am so blessed by all your wishes, thanks!!:angel:

·
27,948 Posts
Hey Dylan if you want to get better faster you are going to have to take it easy! Maybe your brother & sister can wait on you.:toothy:
Don't scare your Mom like that again either.:heartsm:
Hope your feeling better soon.:thumb:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts