Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I've heard mentioned before of places where you can purchase a basket or box of goods such as fresh fruits and veggies and some meats and a very very cheap price. Does anyone have any idea what I"m talking about and what they are called? I want to find one local to me.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it maybe be something like a food co-op I'm thinking of but I"m not sure lol

·
Registered
9,412 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Angel Food Ministries is a great one. You can also do a Google search for food banks in your area.

·
Registered
182 Posts
OH thanks OP and Others I had no idea about this , I am teetering on over joyed (DH is offshore for over a month so i am left with nearly no income this month)

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I posted the link above to Angel Food Ministries, but try finding a local food bank too, this will help you out alot. I go to the food bank at times when money is tight and the food they give is appreciated greatly. :)

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
also Share is another.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Some people have CSA boxes in their area (with fresh produce and sometimes meats and eggs) - I'm not sure where to go about finding them as I can't seem to find one in my area or the surrounding cities... :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone! i'm going to check out all these links now!

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Some people have CSA boxes in their area (with fresh produce and sometimes meats and eggs) - I'm not sure where to go about finding them as I can't seem to find one in my area or the surrounding cities... :)
www.localharvest.com has CSA and farmers markets all over the country

1 - 12 of 12 Posts