Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was counting things in my cupboard and stockpile. I only have a small stockpile but I hate to see it get dwindled out much, which it has lately because of DH's lay off. Though I am starting to build it back up a bit. I need to get more things in it because I am 45 minutes from any sensible grocery stores, and winter here can be pretty bad.

Anyway I was counting, laundry detergent, counting soap, soup etc.

I have to stock up to make ends meet. Here its to hard to go to the 2 small grocery stores to get groceries because you will never get enough for your money.

And I was thinking that sometimes....just sometimes, I get tired of counting.

So I was thinking, I am tired of counting money to see if there is enough, tired of counting the food to make sure there is enough till next pay day, tired of counting .....

Then it hit me, right dab smack in the face....

Don't be tired of counting everything, instead....

I count my blessings....

3 children
a cat
a husband
a house
warmth
clothes
food to eat
great friends
frugal village
information at my fingertips
and soooooo much more

so I am no longer tired of counting.....

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I like you new way of counting, it brings a smile to ones face after reading it, thanks!

Reactions: Gibs

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
when i am upset or discourged about something i start counting my blessing and i always fell better sometime i set and write them down.

·
Registered
163 Posts
That's a great way to look at it. Count your blessing, name them one by one....:usasmile::note:

·
19,119 Posts
Mahalo GK - what a wonderful idea from a wonderful person!! Thank goodness we have things to count!! Blessings and aloha to you and yours!!

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Awww that is so sweet but I do have to say I understand what you mean about the money and the food and the bills and all.

I get so SICK of it all too!:bang::bang::bang::bang:

·
Registered
207 Posts
I like the way you count!

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
You are right Kelly, the blessings are the most important to count. :grouphug: Sometimes that is the last thing people count and we couldn't live without them.

Love your avatar!!! Nice to put a face to a name! :)

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you everyone. It was a frustrating day for me, and then after I thought about things differently it became a much less frustrating day.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Another blessing or two for us all to count.

Thank goodness we are the kind of people who can and do bother to count all that stuff.. it means we are much more on top of our finances and our lives than an awful lot of people who never do count to see where they're at.

Thank goodness we still have stuff to count.. if the answers were zero.. we wouldn't have to count things to find out. We'd KNOW the answer was bad.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is so right Thevail!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I can totally relate. Their never seems to be enough at the end of the month, but God provides! And when I stop to truly look at all my family and I are blessed with, it is like coming up for air after being underwater too long! Blessings to you and your family!

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Alot of times when I'm feeling down I count my ABC blessings. A for the apples we got, B for my bible to read, C for a car to drive, etc. It always helps me to put things into perspective.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you everyone. And thanks Nana2two for the nomination, that is the first time I had a post nominated. :)

·
Registered
533 Posts
What a wonderful way to look at things. More people should be doing that. Looking at what they are blessed with instead of what they don't have.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts