Frugal Village Forums banner

County Living & Online Work - Cannot be done

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  miss_cas 
#1 ·
I feel the need to discuss this after getting screwed in a couple of places after moving to the country and expecting to be able to work online. After finding out internet won't run anything at one location and work equipment ruined by vandals at next location, I just don't think this can be done on a lower-middle class income, even with enough money saved. Seems the smaller towns are full of haters and sometimes new people to town in midwest are treated so badly, many times it doesn't work out. A coworker in social services assured me this was the case in area where he lived on weekends, he was only tolerated because he inherited property and wealthy residents knew him.

I wanted away from the city crime & hate-monger attitudes of church leaders here, but I'm gonna be stuck for a few more years now.

Sad then good paying, educated work is so close to going to India or China. These jobs pose no competition for the employment in smaller communities either, would actually bring in more revenue for stores.

At last town I tried, I was TERRORIZED out of there as it looks like no women live alone in this town and got forced into relationships quickly with whatever presented himself. I had easier time in city of 2 million than this little mountain community of 10k. Found out some male residents were tortured too and cut their losses, left. My new cell phone even quit after being left charging in car, was told this was local specialty after privately-owned internet cell towers steal data too. Got new bank accounts, email, cell phone and cell service after this...Glad someone was nice enough to share this information with me. Place is INCREDIBLE MISTAKE and looks to have kids doing devil worship & ignored by local police...stupid stuff can be very dangerous.

Gonna live with parents for a while. Cannot afford this stuff for a long while. Saved up money to get place in Colorado (month-to-month thank Goodness) but never planned to need to run off after 2 weeks...Friends who were treated like this when they moved were sexually harassed out of work in these kind of places until they accepted a local man who turned out to be town mistake, last man on earth.

Can anyone share any successful stories of country relocation? I'm thinking my next place, which I desire to be small farm plot, will need to be on edge of city suburbs to work remotely or no-computer zone for a while just to get through all of the problems with the locals youngsters & nuts druggies. Will have relationship along if I do this...

Anyone manage a move into smaller town by networking by remote? With whom? --Aside from online dating a local....I even worked at a church to move into smaller community & its employees were being harassed BADLY too. I didn't think I'd make it & I left. I'm a very stable 40 yo adult & good worker, I'm nothing to look at and I do not deserve any attention...............I am a passive person & good natured, I never say much about it, just watch and judge when I need to leave.

Noted mountains tolerated the people with money longer as opportunities to defraud someone. Scam after scam were the norm in some mountain communities. Attorney did very well...

Plains properties were fixed up to suit, even good internet brought in at residence expense. House was still dumped quickly in many cases.

See less See more
#4 ·
I lived in a small town (1600) in VT and high speed DSL was available at a range of prices. The people in town were a mix of locals and outsiders and seemed to get along OK. A lot of people worked from home or in non 9-5 jobs.

It sounds horrible where you were. I wish you luck in finding a better place to live. Look for a stable community, there has to be one somewhere. (((hugs)))

#5 ·
I'm sorry but I never understand your posts...

your cell was charging & then quit working because they are stealing data? I don't know who is telling you this stuff but that's not how it works...

You saw devil worship? Where? Towards you? Near you?

Scams? People can only scam you if you let them & you seem to have people telling you ahead of time about them so you're good...

Sexual harassment? Running people out of town?

I dont understand any of this...Where is this place?

#6 · (Edited)
I-25 area in southern Colorado...If you stop along this freeway, use caution.

For new residents of area, cell phones left charging in cars were being ruined in that area according to local kids...

Also saw notice some cars stopped along rest stops on I-25 in southern Colorado were also cleaned out of laptops/tablets/DVD/cells while occupant was in bathroom. I know this happens along I-70 in Kansas sometimes. Seems the thieves figured out the frequency for car key fobs so they can get into a lot of vehicles...

I've seen a lot of talk amongst the youngers online from all over the country about increasing amounts of devil worship stuff...Southern Colorado kids were leaving pentagram candles on front lawn. I broken them, threw away parts & more showed up...cops ignored complaint...Found out previous male resident of place didn't stay long either.

Did noticee on some relocation websites, some Colorado tourist areas were running lots of scams for wealthy looking to relocate. Same scams ran over and over in some towns, attorney handling it over and over. Sometimes the DA office was having personal problems & not motivated to do anything either after a couple of DUIs himself...Other folks posting to these websites were advising against a move to Colorado right now...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.