Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does your Sunday morning consist of a trip to the store to get a couple of Sunday Doubles?

Does your DH know not to gather up the coupons sitting on the kitchen counter top because they are in a VERY SPECIFIC order?

Does your six year old know that Kroger does not double over a dollar?

Couponers of the World Unite!

I "coupon". It is a hobby, it is also a lifestyle if you were not aware. It will slowly take over your living room, your pantries, your bedroom floor. I have had dreams about spectacular coupons. Most people don't understand, this kith is for people that do.

I "coupon" and I am NOT ashamed of it!
Its like I tell my 9 year old sister... would you rather keep your money or give it away???

:dollar::dollar::dollar: and a :pirate: for good measure.

ps. I am a very normal person, I just like a reeeeally good deal.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Coupons

I also clip coupons, but I am very selective. Why are coupons not available the weekend prior to holidays?...............I guess everyone needs a break.
Nurseliz:nurse:.............have a great new year:applause:

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also clip coupons, but I am very selective. Why are coupons not available the weekend prior to holidays?...............I guess everyone needs a break.
Nurseliz:nurse:.............have a great new year:applause:

I clip EVERYTHING. I can not be stopped. I love it!!!! and french fries too.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
:lol:

I love them - they are little slips of free $$ :D

I love them so much that I send all of the unused/expired coupons on to their second life to an USMC base in Japan! ((did you know that our military bases overseas can use expired coupons for up to 6 mths after the exp date!!!))

:D

just keep clipping.....just keep clipping....just keep clipping

·
Registered
347 Posts
I use to be so in to couponing but got out of it when I was in school because I couldn't find the time to do it. I am currently taking the semester off and can't wait to get back into it!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
:lol:

I love them - they are little slips of free $$ :D

I love them so much that I send all of the unused/expired coupons on to their second life to an USMC base in Japan! ((did you know that our military bases overseas can use expired coupons for up to 6 mths after the exp date!!!))

:D

just keep clipping.....just keep clipping....just keep clipping
I take FULL advantage of using expired coupons here! I just wish they'd double like stores do in the states!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I love couponing! Since this is such a small base, there are only about 5 regular cashiers. They all wince a little when they see me coming with my coupons! hehe

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I'm a coupon-a-holic and I love to Ride Coupoon Trains! :yippee:

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I love to use coupons and when I get the items free with them it makes it all the better. I never go to the stores without them because you never know when you will come across a good deal.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I'm here! I'm up to about 50% savings on all my hba, food, etc. shopping. Not to shabby since no one around here doubles or takes expireds. I'd like to get the coupon board over here going a little more. I am a member of another couponing forum, but I love FV.

My most recent couponing experiment is to start contacting companies to request coupons. You would be amazed at how many free's you can get, just for asking!

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
:wave: Avid couponer here!

I clip all the coupons, separate out the ones I use and then sell the rest online.

Before I shop, I pour over the sale flier with my coupon box wide open and pull out the coupons that match the sales.

Couponing is how I built my stockpile years ago, and I plan on getting back to that this year.

Couponers of the world, UNITE!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I am a coupon freak myself! I have been known to walk in the grocery store with over $150 in groceries and spend less than $30! I have so many that I have to keep them in a 3 ring binder. LOL

Love the trains, trading, and in desparation I may "buy" some even.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I have a 6 pocket binder. Each pocket is a store I shop with flier, list and envelope of coupons. It is my Sunday routine. Infact, it has interfered with church lately! Got to get a better routine! I love coupons! The guy at Rite Aide gets as excited as I do when ringing my order.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I love to coupon but I don't buy the Sunday paper. I go to the recycling bins and grab as many as I want. There are recycling bins in front on Walmart and the Sunday paper is put out there Monday. Tomorow I'll go and grab a bunch of the P&G inserts.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
It's not a hobby, but rather an obbsesion for me! I've been at it for years......

·
Registered
273 Posts
I am newbie at this but I am tring! LOL! I just sent hubby to get me the paper... and realized that the good coupons come out next week (i think) Oh well I am sure there is something in there!

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I AM A COUPON QUEEN! :lol3: I have a love affair with the whole thing! So much fun! It is a hobby/game for sure. I did really well in CA with coupons, tons of freebies and stuff for pennies on the dollar. Problem came in when I moved here and there is NO place that doubles my dollar off coupons. :confused: The double dollars off is how you hit the motherlode! Also the only store that doubles at all, only doubles up to one dollar. For example if you have a .75 cent coupon, you only get 1.00 off. I also think my newspaper is the pits and doesn't have what a larger cities paper would have. So, I will probably either buy coupon inserts from a coupon site I heard about here or start buying a different newspaper.

·
Registered
568 Posts
DH got me into couponing a couple of months ago. I have tried to take it to a new level though! I get the Sunday paper then order extra inserts from a website - saves me from having to buy the whole paper and dispose of it (minding the footprint). I also have a binder that I keep everything in. It's has extra large clear pockets and I have it in catergories as well. I also have a seperate box that I use for trading. I try to tell folks it's a money saving hobby - but they start to wonder when I pull my binder out! I am also really sad as soooo many of my Q's are expiring :hocus: I have been shopping like mad to use up the good ones that will get my stock pile well stock for the new year. Great thread!
Dianne

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I go to the recycling bins and grab as many as I want. There are recycling bins in front on Walmart and the Sunday paper is put out there Monday. Tomorow I'll go and grab a bunch of the P&G inserts.
Are you serious?! That is awesome! Do they care if people take them? I want to try that but I don't recall seeing any recycling bins by the Walmart here.

·
Registered
158 Posts
so sad

Our stores around here only double up to 50 cents, and you can only get one item per visit, so no multiple buys on the same trip to the store. Now, they will not accept coupons printed from your computer! So, around here it is not even helpful. I used to love it when they doubled up to a dollar and you could make multiple purchases at the same time. What a bummer!

So now, I just cancelled my newspaper and read it online and shop mostly at dollar stores, wal mart and Aldi.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts