Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this question elsewhere but it probably was in the wrong place. Could you tell me how the coupon trading works. I have just started couponing and it really does add up. I'd like to be able to trade coupons with other people.

JulieB

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,040 Posts
Hey Julie...

Generally, there are a few ways it works. Some people make a list of all of the coupons they have. Then, they post that list and people read it and request certain coupons that they need. Often people trade coupon-for-coupon. Example: You have 3 Pampers coupons that I need, I have 3 Coke coupons that you need. We send each other the coupons. Another way that people trade is for postage stamps. I have 15 coupons you need, I send them to you and you send me an agreed upon amount of unused stamps in return. Or, some people charge a handling fee. Someone has 25 coupons you need, they are charging a .05 cent handling fee per coupon, so you send them $1.25 in cash/check/money order or through PayPal.

What I usually do is clip every single coupon that comes out and then I sell potlucks of 500+ coupons for $5.00. Then, whoever buys them can go through the potluck and pull out what they like and trade or do whatever with the others. Obviously, I have pulled out the coupons that I need before I sell the potluck. And, I couldn't agree more...using coupons and matching them up with sales is a HUGE money saver. :) Just takes organization and planning.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Amy!!

JulieB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts