Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve always wanted to make candles, soaps and lotions so I’ve decided that I’m going to ask for supplies this Christmas.
I’m starting from scratch and my biggest mission at the moment is securing a decent stockpile of fragrances because they’re expensive.

Which type of fragrances should I have on my list…essential oils or soap fragrances or BOTH?

What size bottles are the best to have in your stock? I ask because I have no clue what the average ‘recipe’ calls for (whether it be soap or candle).

Are there standard scents that everyone always has a surplus of?

Talk to me ladies LOL! TIA!

Oh and if you have a preference of wax I'm interested in info on that too.

Reactions: Labontet

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Candles, soap, and lotions would probably all have a different req. for the scent.......depending on your preference. I don't like a strong scent in my lotion........but I do in candles.

That is a wide spectrum........I suggest you go online and do some reading about each item so you will know what you need.

Scents can get old.........so I couldn't go too big on the bottle size plus they can be a bit pricey.

If you are going to make soap from scratch it is a whole diff. ballgame than remelting the big chunks.

This website might help get you started on some reading.....

Bramble Berry®, Inc | Soap Making Supplies

Also...........check some books out of your library on each topic and read so you will know what to tell people to get you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.