Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in charge of the craft portion of our next family girls' weekend. We have about a dozen women, ages range from 30s to 70s. Some are crafty, some are not crafty at all, and some eyes are starting to go - so it has to be simple enough for everyone. Not too simple though, I don't want everyone to be done too quickly.

I would like to do something that is either somewhat useful, or could be used as a gift.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
17,693 Posts
I had a lot of fun in a beginning beading class where we made earrings. You could do something with relatively inexpensive beads and cording (hemp, leather, fabric, elastic, etc) and have people make bracelets. Bigger beads than in earrings, typically, but with a good assortment, it will take people time to decide their patterns and colours. Add a mix of cording materials, and you'll have people taking projects home to finish at the end of the night. :)

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Ooo... I like the beading idea. I was thinking some sort of like friendship bracelet thing (basically braided string).

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had a lot of fun in a beginning beading class where we made earrings. You could do something with relatively inexpensive beads and cording (hemp, leather, fabric, elastic, etc) and have people make bracelets. Bigger beads than in earrings, typically, but with a good assortment, it will take people time to decide their patterns and colours. Add a mix of cording materials, and you'll have people taking projects home to finish at the end of the night. :)
We actually did this one already. I should have mentioned that. We've also done glasses filled with candy to look like a sundae, and glasses filled with different coloured sand that you put tea lights in.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Oooo I like both of those ideas MadHen. I'd be thrilled to do either.

I'm thinking salt or sugar scrubs.

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm thinking salt or sugar scrubs.
I was thinking bath salts but a lot of people don't like to sit in the tub - I never thought of scrubs, probably just as easy, but I bet a lot more people would actually use them.

I think there were some recipes posted somewhere on the board.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
They are SUPER easy. Here's a link to an economical recipe.

how to: make homemade sugar scrub. | Petit Elefant

I like them with almond oil and essential oils, but that's just me. You can use any oil really. Brown sugar & oil with pumpkin pie spice is kick butt. Pink grapefruit scrub- just sugar, oil, a half a drop of red dye to make it light pink, and scented grapefruit oil. Grapefruit and ginger mixed is the BOMB!

Reactions: monkeywrangler71
1 - 8 of 8 Posts