Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i need some help!Think, think, think as Pooh bear says. I have the opportunity to rent a "booth" at my local church's first annual craft fair. I need ideas of quick things the kids and I can make that we can sell. I want to involve the kids as part of their homeschooling, maybe economics lesson.

Something maybe involving seeds? They could make and decorate homemade seed packets and gather garden seeds to go inside.

I could do some candles I suppose.
Ummm...I am drawing a blank.

They could make a cookie or a few varieties and sell those in cute wrapping maybe.

Uh, what else? I am thinking with it being close to Christmas, gift-y things would be good too.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
How about easy Christmas tree ornament....they are many sites on the web for easy ones for kids to make....I.e. with candy canes.

Or beaded key chains ...they have kits at the dollar store and I am sure that they are some ideas on the web as well.

Just google kids crafts and I am sure you wil find a ton of ideas.

Good luck! :)

Here is just one site that I found...

http://www.craftown.com/kids.htm

·
Registered
7,747 Posts

·
19,119 Posts
Great site DC - I may use things from there too!!

Missy - I am soooo excited for you!! I would love to be able to do a Christmas craft fair. Am so disappointed that there aren't any here!!

But you hve such a great opportunity for fun!!

One thng I would make would be magnets. Am going to search for the directions because they are sooo easy and look terrific!! I made about 200 of them for gifts last year and am still making them this year!! Shall return when I find the directions and anything else I can come up with - and yes the kids can do these too!!

DC - pay attention - this is something I was thinking of for you too!!

Reactions: Debbie-cat

·
Registered
546 Posts
Maybe the gag gifts, like snowman soup, or reindeer poop. Or how about the magic reindeer food for the kids to thow out for santa's reindeer to feed on Christmas Eve.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Clothes pin magnets, magnets of any sort (Bottle cap, etc.. get creative!) Clothes pin magnets are fun because you can decorate them by theme (Christmas to hold christmas cards, party invites etc) or they can hold photos, and children's art work on the fridge. I love making them.
Button Magnets
Button bracelets

I found these wooden words at the dollar store and you can add scrapbook paper, ribbon, and buttons to it and it's super cute!

Repurpose a canister into a pencil holder or coin jar.

I have so many ideas! Probably the most fun would be the magnets and bracelets though. Easy to do and super cute.

·
19,119 Posts
Maybe the gag gifts, like snowman soup, or reindeer poop. Or how about the magic reindeer food for the kids to thow out for santa's reindeer to feed on Christmas Eve.
that's what I was thinking of - check it out at www.organizedchristmas.com

Also - here a link to the great magnets:

roxycraft.com/marblemagnets.htm

Have fun!!

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts