Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, this year, my plan is to do a minimum of 4 craft shows locally. Two are at schools that I did last year. Not big ones, but decent and close. I plan on doing one show that is a big one this summer, for one day, that is juried. I don't have any worries about this one, as I was asked to do it last year, and I turned them down because it was more entry money than I wanted to spend with the budget the way it was.

I want to do a big one that is a 2 day show this fall and it is juried.
So I have pictures ready to be mailed, the application printed off, and got to reading the entry, and it says, *all work must be your own, quality workmanship and is unique. All pictures submitted are non returnable.* This is approximately a 500 vender show.
I want my work to stand out as there is a waiting list to get in.
I plan on submitting by end of this month. Then there is a 2 month waiting period before you get a yes or a no. *If work is acceptable, and space is available, then a contract will be sent. Fill it out upon receiving, and return with payment.*

So I am happy with my workmanship, the work is my own, and I am hoping it is unique enough. I do mainly knitting and some crochet.
I got to thinking that one of the hats I am submitting a picture of I no longer have. I sold it last year. Then that got me to thinking that it is possible that a few more hats I am submitting pictures of, I might no longer have come show time. A good number I make are one of a kind, and usually cannot be duplicated because of how I acquired some of my yarn. Vintage. So now I am thinking maybe I should do a few more hats and take pictures of the ones, that are really odd and unique. OOAK.

Any suggestions ?
I am going to be seriously bummed if I cannot get into this show.

·
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, this is the album of the pictures that I currently have copies of ready to go in the envelope. Thinking maybe a few more individual pictures of the ones that have 4 hats in them.

more hats

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Not sure how your area works, but some of the ones I did while
in Calif. (the bigger ones, not just the school parking lot ones)
wanted to see a picture of your booth.

Would you know if they will require that?

·
2,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't see anything on the application about a booth picture. However that is a GOOD idea and in the future when I set up again, I will make sure to get a few pictures.

The one lady who set up next to me at the farmer's market did take several pictures of my table for the market website. Maybe I can snag copies of them for future use.

I use very light tan table cloths to cover my tables. They are large enough to drape the front and also the sides if need be. I have extras of them in storage here.

The first year they only allow new venders to have a 7 by 10 spot, so I may have to get creative for display. I will use large totes under the table for extra inventory. They use monster tents on a field. So if the weather conditions get bad, there will be lots of wetness under foot. You have to bring your vehicle to your spot. Unload. And then move your vehicle to their parking area designated for venders. I plan on packing my lunch and what drinks I will need. My SIL is supposed to help me with breaks, etc.

Because I have done previous shows, I know quite a few tips to keep me organized. I am going to start a master list of what I will need, so I don't forget things. I have done juried craft shows in the past but it has been many years ago.

I did finish a few more items last night and will be taking pictures of those later today.

·
Registered
476 Posts
To me, it sounds as if you're prepared. When you are, things always go smoothly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts