Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to put alist of all things I should look for for prim and country crafts at yard sales finds? If u yard sale and thrift shop what do u usually look for for inspirtaions and ideas? i have some because of certain rooms and trying to use what i have here for xmas stuff rest goes to yard sale.

ex for me:
secind hand nice frames to repaint over
broad cloth or cross stitch material
maybe a old lantern to repaint

any help would be appreicted.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I keep an open mind when I am going to yard sales. Since my craft business is based on the premise of recycling old goods into new, I can pretty much use anything. So, I keep my eye out for anything interested that I can turn into something new.

This summer I would love to find some old multi panel glass windows, old screens (all with wooden sills), some old crocks, old blankets and sheets (for purse linings) and wool sweaters. Other than that, I am open to anything! Oh, and pretty glass bottles with caps to hold bath salts, the more unique the better!

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks im saving and putting notes to print off after all the ideas.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I am like momto2boyz. I look for anything that is unique that I can repurpose to make something new. I too am looking for unusual jars, any unsed craft supplies, different lengths of wood, old birdhouses that I can re-vamp, license plates (I use them as roofs - folded in half) for birdhouses, enamel ware. I could go on and on but mostly the idea hits me when I see the item. :)

Reactions: miss_thrifty

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Like the rest of you I go yard saling and flea marketing with an open mind but one thats been filled with ideas from magazines. I clip out pictures all the time and keep them in folders for ideas like wreathes pick them up off trash piles after Christmas bu the dozen. Redecorate them with all sorts of things and sell them.
Fabric, yarn and trimmings are always someting I grab.

Laurie in Bradenton

Reactions: miss_thrifty

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Anything wood. EXP. plates,bowls,shelfs,boxes,paper mache items that can be primmed, paints, stains, stencils,candles u can roll in wax and spices,canning jars to make fake old labels, batting for pillows and dolls, old material that can be tea stained.buttons, old rolling pins and wood chopping boards.sandpaper. List goes on and on.:lol3:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts