Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this picture at a car boot sale yesterday.

I really like it despite being told it's bad taste LOL.

The problem is this: When I saw it, it called out to be modified ;) LOL - I can see dancing fairies, glittery water, dragonflys, enchantment etc.

I'd really like to add to this picture BUT I don't want to ruin it as I DO like it as it is already as well.

Do you have any ideas how I could do what I want without spoiling it?

Thanks in advance - Coz I know you'll come up with something! :D

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
I like it! Why not leave it as is and do someting enchanting with a frame?

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
You have such an artistic eye, use your creative talent and do what you like.. I would like to see what you do with it...... It is a pretty Fairie picture !!!!!!!!

·
27,948 Posts
I like the picture as it is. Very pretty Bev.
How about a gnarled wood frame, woodsy looking. Don't know how to discribe it better,lol.
I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it.:)

·
Registered
7,854 Posts
I'd scan it into my computer and add the enhancements there. Then if I liked it, I'd add it to the original picture.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I think Sunshine has a great idea!!!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I agree with sunshine. I can see using some very, very fine glitter around the girl....and maybe some wings on her to make her a fairie...maybe some "skeleton leaves" for wings...I will try to find a pic of these in case i am not calling them the right thing...maybe some hints of somehting in the background in amongst the trees...i dunno, lol. I do like it the way it is, but i think it is fun to find a pic and add to it your own personality. they have these leaves in all shapes and sizes, colors so on...just an idea...they might also look neat on a frame...just a thought

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Ohhh, I love Melissa's idea. I think it would look great with the ghost leaves embellished to be wings. I can't wait to see what you end up doing. I am sure it will be wonderful whatever you decide to do. :D

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow - what a Great idea thanks!

The picture is already mounted on thick board (I think it's probably from the 70's?) so I can't frame it and I think it's too big for the scanner - which is a shame coz that's a brilliant idea that I would never have thought of.

I'll really have to start it, I hung it on the wall to take a pic and it's been there ever since!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Have you ever seen how they make cartoons? They start with a base picture and then have different overlays on some type of clear sheets to put over the original picture to create different scenes. Maybe you could do something like that. Then you wouldn't have to have the new additions actually on the picture and you could change them whenever you want to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts